Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed DDMWorks console cup holder this morning. Very pleased with product. Much more useful to have coffee cup closer to me and a place to now throw loose change, garage door opener, etc. Only thing I need to do to finish it off, is to find something like "wet suit" rubber to line the bottom of each plastic cup holder. Money well spent.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,050 Posts
Looks really nice!!!!:thumbs: I have one also and love it.:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
Aluminum Cup holder

I think the Santana Cup holder is back up for a Group Buy on the Kappa forum. They are in polished or Black . I Have the DDM Console w/ (2) holders and it is Nice has been covered in Black Leather w/red stiching by JPM got it at the SMMM9 on Labor day. Now gonna get the Aluminum in Black . The factory has been broke and replaced (2) times and next time it cost 104.00 & its plastic to boot.

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
I found the eBay stainless cup holder will sit snugly with 4 rounds of electrical tape just under the lip. 3 wouldn't do it. 4 was the magic number and no slop. I also found out there does not seem to be a metal cup holder on the planet with the same dimensions of the plastic holders that come with the console. Without the tape shimming, the metal eBay holders wobbled and tipped. The original plastic holders fit so snugly, once they've been in place for some time, they were a bear to safely remove. (At least for me...)

Richard Snipes

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
I found the eBay stainless cup holder will sit snugly with 4 rounds of electrical tape just under the lip. 3 wouldn't do it. 4 was the magic number and no slop. I also found out there does not seem to be a metal cup holder on the planet with the same dimensions of the plastic holders that come with the console. Without the tape shimming, the metal eBay holders wobbled and tipped. The original plastic holders fit so snugly, once they've been in place for some time, they were a bear to safely remove. (At least for me...)

Richard Snipes
I experienced the same results. The OE cupholders were difficult to remove and a couple rounds of electrical tape fixed the wobble in the new cupholder. All in all though, I was pleased with the end result.

·
Registered
93 Posts

Richard Snipes
I experienced the same results. The OE cupholders were difficult to remove and a couple rounds of electrical tape fixed the wobble in the new cupholder. All in all though, I was pleased with the end result.
I didn't have that issue. Maybe because I never installed the original plastic holders. Also, I had the the console custom wrapped with vinyl and foam so the cutout was effectively smaller. The eBay inserts fit perfectly.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Installed DDMWorks console cup holder this morning. Very pleased with product. Much more useful to have coffee cup closer to me and a place to now throw loose change, garage door opener, etc. Only thing I need to do to finish it off, is to find something like "wet suit" rubber to line the bottom of each plastic cup holder. Money well spent.
That looks fantastic ! thanks for putting the pictures up.

I had that on my list of purchases for mine(along with new cat and pipes) when the DOW hit 30,000 which looked like a done deal last week, may have to budget those buys out now. :mad:

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
I'd be curious to get some feedback with those that have installed this cupholder and drive a manual transmission version. Any interference with beverages in the cupholder when you're shifting?

·
Premium Member
1,090 Posts
I had one installed by Dave a few years a go at a NASSAM Rally Frozen Tundra & i am careful with my elbows been 6ft 3in while driving my manual GXP . I do find the cup holder a bit shallow. I use the back cup holder most of the time if its a tall cup & have no problem reaching it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts