Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched and it looked like all the posts are from years ago and I'm looking for some more recent info regarding DIY dash kits. I'm probably looking at a domed kit as I don't like the sticker look but I want one that fits well around the knobs and buttons. I don't want the little gap around everything where the grey dash shows through. I would also love to cover the top part of the dash not just the face. Any suggestions on kits or should I just get a shop to do a vinyl wrap over it? Pictures would be great too.

·
Premium Member
1,672 Posts
I searched and it looked like all the posts are from years ago and I'm looking for some more recent info regarding DIY dash kits. I'm probably looking at a domed kit as I don't like the sticker look but I want one that fits well around the knobs and buttons. I don't want the little gap around everything where the grey dash shows through. I would also love to cover the top part of the dash not just the face. Any suggestions on kits or should I just get a shop to do a vinyl wrap over it? Pictures would be great too.
This is the one I have. It has been on for about four years with no fading or loss of adhesion and fits well. If you want no grey at all showing, you may have to go with a wrap or paint.

Attachments

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is the one I have. It has been on for about four years with no fading or loss of adhesion and fits well. If you want no grey at all showing, you may have to go with a wrap or paint.

What kit was that? I am thinking about faux carbon fiber so the grey showing might not bother me too much. Dude, and I love the white gauges. That looks sharp.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had mine hydro dipped. Turned out great. Any pattern you want in any color

That was my first thought then the vinyl wrap guy said he could do it and I started looking at kits to do myself. Didn't know there was such a range of products, from a few bucks to a couple hundred, stickers and domed pieces with 3m tape, etc. I got a little apprehensive so that's why the query.

Did you get the top textured portion dipped too? How did that come out? I was thinking with a carbon fiber pattern the texture might not be as noticible.

·
Premium Member
1,672 Posts
What kit was that? I am thinking about faux carbon fiber so the grey showing might not bother me too much. Dude, and I love the white gauges. That looks sharp.
Mine was a B&I kit. They do have a carbon fiber option.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I hydrodipped all my interior plastic parts that are the silver color in a silver carbon fiber. It's not difficult although like most anything there is a learning curve. This pic doesn't have it but I have since done the steering wheel control plates.

dash2.jpg

·
Super Moderator
16,445 Posts
I pulled the entire dash. Had the poomarsng painted Punisher red to match the car then had it dipped and cleared. The rest of the dash was sanded, primed and painted Mercedes black with red defroster vents.

·
Registered
7,237 Posts
I pulled the entire dash. Had the poomarsng painted Punisher red to match the car then had it dipped and cleared. The rest of the dash was sanded, primed and painted Mercedes black with red defroster vents.
Hmmm. I wonder what a "poomarsng" is? Sounds dirty! :devilish:

·
Premium Member
3,925 Posts
I have a B & I kit that I purchased I was going to go the black carbon fiber route but changed my mind it also includes the door sill plates which did not come standard at the time PM me if interested .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts