Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed it last night, took around an hour to do. I'm loving the sounds she makes now. I was worried about removing the charge pipes to get to the lower intake mount screws. Luckily there was enough flex to get a screwdriver on and loosen them. Also getting the MAF sensor wire to the tube was a small issue. Other than that it was an easy install. The filter does not sit back enough so that water doesn't fall on it when opening the hood, found that out today. It's on the outside edge so most the water runs off but some is trapped in the ridges of the filter.
Ease of install 8/10
Quality of product 10/10
Dave's helpfulness 10/10

·
Registered
330 Posts
no pics?

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Sol you should have hit me up, I would have helped

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
IBDRINKEN, I have no way of contacting you other than here, put it on right after i got home from work.

Jn2, It looks just like the announcement posts, If I remember I'll take a pic tomorrow

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Sent you a pm

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
I installed one a couple weeks ago and changed the rest of the clamps to the t-bolt ones. I used a small ratchet on the clamps and it went somewhat smooth.

The only hiccup was when one of the collar washers fell. ended up having to get it out thru the intercooler vent on the bumper.

The sound it makes is cool though and my gas mileage has suffered lately because I've been spooling it up and dumping it so much.

·
Registered
7,476 Posts
The filter does not sit back enough so that water doesn't fall on it when opening the hood, found that out today. It's on the outside edge so most the water runs off but some is trapped in the ridges of the filter.
I believe that's why GMs CAI has a air filter cover.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@chop, Dave started in his introductory post that the filter sits back more to avoid that issue, I was just stating my findings

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Pics for you visual types

Attachments

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@TX, I installed the brace to the pipe before going into the engine bay

·
Registered
444 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
you have to remove a clip from the front of the engine and route it under the coolant pipe. It looks really tight but there is 2-3 in of play in the wire.

·
Registered
444 Posts
you have to remove a clip from the front of the engine and route it under the coolant pipe. It looks really tight but there is 2-3 in of play in the wire.
Awesome!! Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My powder coat guy is gonna color match the pipe soon, they have been booked for all the meets happening recently

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
My powder coat guy is gonna color match the pipe soon, they have been booked for all the meets happening recently
Who company do you use as I justbtried using River City right by you on sunbeam and I waited 2 months to have 3 very small parts coated in black and I'm still waiting. I swear I will never use them again. Sorry about the rant

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Lol that's who I use. They did good by me. Messed up two of my lugs doing my rims and replaced them for free. Should of hmu would love to see your setup

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
I dropped my parts in February and have received excuses after excuses and today I finally received my thermostat housing and two small spaces back but I'm still waiting for,my spark plug covers.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah they are a small operation trying to do a lot of work, his Audi is still on his lift hasn't been touched since November

1 - 20 of 20 Posts