Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So did anyone else notice the new bumpers they recently added to the decklid?

I know that they are there for a reason, but between the XM Antenna, GM Badge, clear plastic on the decklid and now these, it seems like GM is trying everything in their power to ruin the most beautiful body they have created in years.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
Looks fine to me. As long as there is one on each side, I'm cool with it. Compared to the antenna, it looks down right gorgeous. :yesnod:

BTW. Nice catch. I looked at that same photo and didn't even noticed it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I just looked at a new Sky at dealer today and bumpers didn't look too bad. The GM badge was chrome and placed down low didn't notice it much with rest of car to look at. Also it didn't have the clear plastic around the top latches like we have seen on Solstice. Maybe just like this on show car. Most interesting info from dealer was that he would have 10 cars in before the end of the year. Not sure what production schedule he sees, but he said this was from GM. Kinda think he was blowin' smoke for the potential buyers.

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Ayup. They are there in case the AFBTS's don't fully pop up when released - previous to them, the little pin at the end of the AFBTS would contact the decklid if you released them and they didn't pop fully up and you just yanked open the decklid.

Can you say: "little paint chips?"

I knew you could.

Yep, hope the styling of the AFBTS's is worth all the trouble :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
stang said:
Maybe they'll paint/mold them silver to match the trim behind the cabin. That would look kinda neat. :yesnod:
They are there to avoid paint chips :) So why would they paint them hehe

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
swatthefly said:
good call, i missed that... i was just about to post that you could paint them yourselves. :lol:
Well you could, and since you have the touch-up paint, you could fix the paint chips.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Why not just remove the ugly little things, and then be REALLY carefull when you put the top down?

·
Registered
121 Posts

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
rtrumps said:
On a black car, weatherstripping, antenna blocks, rubber of all kinds, etc... all doesn't stand out.

Red would be good too, because red/black ALWAYS look good.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
That was another item I had concerns on.

Lot's of little patchwork solutions to design problems. I hope they are firmly attached and not just stuck on with adhesive.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
dori-san said:
Why not just remove the ugly little things, and then be REALLY carefull when you put the top down?
:agree:
While I don't find them that ugly (they won't show much on a Deep car anyway), I have to agree with Dori-San. Just watch what you are doing, make sure the "wings" are all the way up, then lift the trunk lid. I don't think you need to be "REALLY" careful, just observant.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts