Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got a new e-mail from [email protected]

We truly appreciate your enthusiasm as one of the First 1,000 customers who placed an early order for an exclusive 2006 Pontiac Solstice! We trust you received your special gifts from us and your Participating Dealer, which are tokens of our appreciation. These are the start of several communication pieces you will be receiving until you take final delivery of your car. As a reminder, your Certificate of Authenticity and commemorative edition die-cast model will be shipped to you after receipt of delivery.

Based on current production schedules, the First 1000 retail orders are expected to begin shipping by the end of July or early August and all should be delivered by the end of October or sooner.

As updates become available in the future regarding the progress of your order, we will keep you and your dealership informed. In the meantime, should you have any questions, please contact Program Headquarters at 866-539-0256 or your local Pontiac dealership.

Sincerely,

Pontiac Solstice Team

You have received this e-mail in response to your recent Pontiac Solstice transaction. If you prefer not to receive any unsolicited marketing e-mails regarding GM vehicles other than those pertaining to the Solstice, please
visit:

General Motors Corporation
100 Renaissance Center, 482-A00-MAR
Detroit, MI 48265-1000

(c) 2005 General Motors Corp.
For Copyright & Trademark information, please go to: http://www.gm.com/copyright/

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Very encouraging!!!

If GM is putting delivery estimates in writing, they are probably fairly certain that they will be starting production soon. Yeah!!!! :party:

Maybe I'll get mine before Christmas after all. :)

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
I think GM could have saved a lot of hassle and grief had they done this several months ago....

·
Registered
40 Posts
Mind games

Well let hope they are not playing mind games with us. I will see what my dealer tell me if and when my order go into production. Then I will know for sure when I might expect to see my Solstice arrive.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Received an identical e-mail from Pontiac at 11:35 this morning CT, Thursday
June 30th.

·
Registered
600 Posts
package said:
I think GM could have saved a lot of hassle and grief had they done this several months ago....
:agree: But glad they didn't and then revise the dates monthly. Expecting a fall delivery and getting a summer delivery is much more than I expected. The end is near!

·
5,641 Posts
mikefred1952 said:
:agree: But glad they didn't and then revise the dates monthly. Expecting a fall delivery and getting a summer delivery is much more than I expected. The end is near!
Keep in mind what the email said, not everyone will get a summer delivery. The first deliveries will start around the beginning of September but it will take until October to deliver them all.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I am o.k with all of this, received identical email today. I will only be upset if they miss the Oct. date. At least they are communicating, and sticking to the worst case scenario of Oct.. I see no mind games, just communication of the process. Hopefully they have ironed all the bugs out, and we will receive a beautiful, trouble free car. ;)

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just hope they do the Logical thing -- and deliver to the Cold-Weather states first.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Sounds like same thing they covered in the phone calls. Nice they are reaching out to us often :cool:

·
Registered
293 Posts
Solstice 1St 1000

I'm new on your site and was one of the lucky one's top be one of the 1st 1000 to recieve this beautiful automobile. I got the same letter and phone call I assume that the rest of you waiting customers got withoin the last day. I live in Maryland, about an hour from the plant where GM is making our cars. Does anyone else have news on the delivery date. Hopefully, since I live close to the plant in Delaware, I'll be one of the first. Aany comments from anuone

Rowan1008

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Rowan1008 said:
Does anyone else have news on the delivery date. Hopefully, since I live close to the plant in Delaware, I'll be one of the first. Aany comments from anuone
Rowan1008
Welcome Rowan, have a look around and check in often, we usually post good stuff every week.

All our info aligns with what GM told you in the email and phone call. Best ETA for startup is mid-July if everything stays on plan and no glitches. Deliveries most likely in late summer to early fall.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Small Dealer said
The first deliveries will start around the beginning of September but it will take until October to deliver them all.

No, the email said
Based on current production schedules, the First 1000 retail orders are expected to begin shipping by the end of July or early August....

It wont take 30 days to deliver cars to dealers

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
I got the same e-mail today at 12:33 PM. Does anyone know how GM is going to assign the VIN numbers? Is it going to be the first out the door as VIN #1 or will, or can, it be random? If it is first out the door it would seem that some lucky person who chose Sly with a black interior will get #1. If I remember correctly, that was the most common combination and I heard that GM was starting with the most chosen color first.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
Same e-mail here, I also believe for us in the SE it will probably be an October or late September delivery, it makes sense to ship the cars that are on States with heavy winter weather first, then go to Florida and California last. We should know within 30 days or so what is going to take place.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Small Dealer said:
Keep in mind what the email said, not everyone will get a summer delivery. The first deliveries will start around the beginning of September but it will take until October to deliver them all.
Unless I missed something I don't know where you get that the first deliveries will begin in Sept., my call and email clearly say Shipping will start in late July and early August. That is what I am counting on barring any unforseen dealys so please dont burst my bubble.

·
5,641 Posts
I am working on a delivery time project that I hope to finish this weekend. But until then, "early August" plus "two weeks notice" (as in dealers will have two weeks notice before the car arrives, from the phone call thread) equals the end of August or beginning of September. And with production scattered over 20 or so days, so will the deliveries.

I had a G6 sedan shipped "early" June (the 7th) that has still not arrived at our dealership, now the "beginning" of July.

UPDATE on the wayward G6: Unloaded off of rail in Massachusetts on 6/30. Now it is only 90 miles and 7 days away.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Small Dealer said:
I am working on a delivery time project that I hope to finish this weekend. But until then, "early August" plus "two weeks notice" (as in dealers will have two weeks notice before the car arrives, from the phone call thread) equals the end of August or beginning of September. And with production scattered over 20 or so days, so will the deliveries.

I had a G6 sedan shipped "early" June (the 7th) that has still not arrived at our dealership, now the "beginning" of July.
I think your G6 has been stolen and I also think I will call Solstice HQ and tell them to forget the 2 week notice and ship mine right away. i don't need time to prepare or make arrangement I have done that in the 2 years I have been waiting and will pay cash.

GM, If you are watching I don't want my car setting around so send it right away. PLEASE! :yesnod:

·
5,641 Posts
ateam_77 said:
I think your G6 has been stolen

Scared me, had to run out to check the driveway.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts