Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the following email from GM:

Congratulations on your early order for one of the First 1,000 Solstices. You are among a very special group of owners across the country for this progressive, new roadster from Pontiac. We appreciate your interest in and desire for this exciting two-seater and share your enthusiasm as it comes to market soon. We will be contacting you periodically with information and updates until you take final delivery of your car.

Next week, you will receive a package from us. This will be one of several communications to make your wait a pleasant one as we draw near to actual retail production this summer. As you know, we expect that all First 1,000 retail orders will be built, shipped, and delivered by the end of October. Our goal is for delivery to begin by late summer if not sooner. And make no mistake, these will be the First 1,000 cars produced for retail sale, specially badged and numbered. One of them will be yours!

Due to production scheduling at the factory, we are not presently in a position to tell you when your vehicle will be built or where it falls in the line of production. But as updates become available in the future, we will keep you and your dealership informed. In the meantime, should you have any questions, please contact Program Headquarters at 866-539-0256 or your local Pontiac dealership.

Sincerely,

The Pontiac Solstice Team

·
Registered
110 Posts
New email from pontiac for EOP First 100

Congratulations on your early order for one of the First 1,000 Solstices. You are among a very special group of owners across the country for this progressive, new roadster from Pontiac. We appreciate your interest in and desire for this exciting two-seater and share your enthusiasm as it comes to market soon. We will be contacting you periodically with information and updates until you take final delivery of your car.

Next week, you will receive a package from us. This will be one of several communications to make your wait a pleasant one as we draw near to actual retail production this summer. As you know, we expect that all First 1,000 retail orders will be built, shipped, and delivered by the end of October. Our goal is for delivery to begin by late summer if not sooner. And make no mistake, these will be the First 1,000 cars produced for retail sale, specially badged and numbered. One of them will be yours!

Due to production scheduling at the factory, we are not presently in a position to tell you when your vehicle will be built or where it falls in the line of production. But as updates become available in the future, we will keep you and your dealership informed. In the meantime, should you have any questions, please contact Program Headquarters at 866-539-0256 or your local Pontiac dealership.

Sincerely,

The Pontiac Solstice Team

:willy: :lurk: :cool: :party:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Sounds like Christmas will be early this year!!

Gifts in the mail will help, like Solstice gear and apparell.

Thanks for the post

·
Registered
177 Posts
It looks like all 1st 1000 received an email Fri, 27 May 12:01:49, including me of course. Our emails got them off their duff.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Great to receive SOMETHING in communication!!! I am sticking with the mid-August forecast! :cool:

·
5,641 Posts
GNS said:
It looks like all 1st 1000 received an email Fri, 27 May 12:01:49, including me of course. Our emails got them off their duff.
No, the scheduled communications program included these all along.

·
Registered
121 Posts
If you use Yahoo! Mail

Here I was feeling all left out because I didn't get an email. But then I looked in my Bulk mail folder and there it was. So if you happen to use a yahoo.com email address be sure to check your Bulk folder before you empty it.

It will be from [email protected]
with a subject line of Solstice Exclusive First 1000 Update
mine was timestamped Fri, 27 May 2005 12:02:38 -0400 but they won't all have identical timestamps.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I feel real left out. No poster or hat, no e-mail. I am even having my dealer double check to make sure I am still in the system! :cryin:

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
GNS said:
Woo hoo! ... 11:52:17 for me ... looks like they love me more. :) Maybe we should start tracking our e-mail timestamp. Hehe ... sorry, I'm bored ... nevermind :leaving:

Anyway, I'm sure GM had some communications planned for us at some point regardless, but it does make you wonder if our e-mails played a role in bumping up the schedule a bit. They certainly seemed to help prompt Lori's letter ... it appeared to be a direct response to the questions we were throwing at them.

·
5,641 Posts
GNS said:
Did you make this known on the forum..
No I did not. I thought I hinted at it on the 23rd ( http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=41897#post41897 ).

I guess I am forced to admit that not everthing I see or hear makes it into my posts and onto the site. Sometimes it as simple as not wanting to be wrong by a day or two, or that long leads can lead to changes. Other times it is that I do not believe the infomation is appropriate :nono: .

Just keep in mind that the communication issue (this is a communication releated thread isn't it? :lol: ), is not something Pontiac has been responsible for in the past, is totally new to them, and is being carried off at 5x the scale it was expected.

·
Registered
600 Posts
It's sad that we are an impatient society. I'm really glad that some communication has started again with Pontiac. Smalldealer's comments in an earlier thread were very realistic. It took quite awhile for Pontiac to verify and then add those on the waitlist to the 1,000 list. I think they have done an excellent job so far. I feel we will all be driving our vehicles soon (mid to late July)! :)

·
Registered
288 Posts
Salamander said:
Here I was feeling all left out because I didn't get an email. But then I looked in my Bulk mail folder and there it was. So if you happen to use a yahoo.com email address be sure to check your Bulk folder before you empty it.

It will be from [email protected]
with a subject line of Solstice Exclusive First 1000 Update
mine was timestamped Fri, 27 May 2005 12:02:38 -0400 but they won't all have identical timestamps.
Thanks! I was feeling a bit left out until I found it in my bulk mail folder.

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
My e-mail was timestamped at 12:01. It's good to feel loved again! :)

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
SlySol said:
Woo hoo! ... 11:52:17 for me ... looks like they love me more. :) Maybe we should start tracking our e-mail timestamp. Hehe ... sorry, I'm bored ... nevermind :leaving:

Anyway, I'm sure GM had some communications planned for us at some point regardless, but it does make you wonder if our e-mails played a role in bumping up the schedule a bit. They certainly seemed to help prompt Lori's letter ... it appeared to be a direct response to the questions we were throwing at them.

Just by how things seem to be happneing I am sure someone out there at Pontiac is saddled with the job of watching our little forum. Maybe if I talk nice I will get my hat sooner! :lol:

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
PAS22 said:
Just by how things seem to be happneing I am sure someone out there at Pontiac is saddled with the job of watching our little forum. Maybe if I talk nice I will get my hat sooner! :lol:
Didn't GM give out a phone number for EOP people to call with inquiries? I thought I saw one on the forum in this subsection, but cannot find it. You could try them. Or, if they didn't give a number, you could call GM's general customer service number and ask if they can verify you are still in the system too.

·
5,641 Posts
Fformula88 said:
Didn't GM give out a phone number for EOP people to call with inquiries?
Last line of the two emails that started this thread.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Fformula88 said:
Didn't GM give out a phone number for EOP people to call with inquiries? I thought I saw one on the forum in this subsection, but cannot find it. You could try them. Or, if they didn't give a number, you could call GM's general customer service number and ask if they can verify you are still in the system too.

Thanks. I am not too concerned yet. But, yes I have seen a number a while back too. I think conejo posted it.

I will be very concerned if my dealer shows a change in my order status or if I hear nothing from Pontiac by next week. Problem is everything goes to my house so I can't check snail mail or e-mail until this evening.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Careful with that EOP phone #, I think that was for dealers not public calls? I know they have been answering public calls but if too many people call they may get mad. Maybe some of these inquiries should be routing through your local dealer.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts