Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just joined and wanted to see if anyone is still here. I just bought a 2007 GXP and need a shop and/or member here that can fix the water pump. The car has 108,000 miles and it's in great condition. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
Gee, do you think it might be HELPFUL????? if you took the time to include your location in your Post? :brentil:

·
1,492 Posts
:agree:
Glad you came buy, bought the car and are looking for help in the right place, but SolNut is correct about knowing where ya all live.

You could add it to your user CP or mention it in the post.

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,607 Posts
Top Menu bar: User CP
Left Side: Edit Your Details
Scroll down to Location: Fill in where you live
at bottom: Save Changes

It'll save you from a lot of questions . . . .

-- OR --

put your location in the body of your message.

Thanks!

:thumbs:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am in Tampa Bay, FL. Sorry for not including that bit. I am trying to edit my profile now, thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,755 Posts
Welcome to the forum and the Solstice permagrin crowd.

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
I'm here . . . and Welcome !

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Top Menu bar: User CP
Left Side: Edit Your Details
Scroll down to Location: Fill in where you live
at bottom: Save Changes

It'll save you from a lot of questions . . . .

-- OR --

put your location in the body of your message.

Thanks!

:thumbs:
Got it, thanks.

·
Premium Member
17,528 Posts
If you are going to have your pump swapped for you, make sure you read up on the issues associated with this activity.

The cam chain tensioner holding tool is a must to preclude issues with the assembly losing tension and eating itself.

Make sure your mechanic uses the generic Delco water pump as its about half the price of the Pontiac part and identical

Read up about issues with getting air bubbles in the coolant system and the resultant issues that many have had. There is a right way and a wrong way to deal with the coolant.

Good luck

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If you are going to have your pump swapped for you, make sure you read up on the issues associated with this activity.

The cam chain tensioner holding tool is a must to preclude issues with the assembly losing tension and eating itself.

Make sure your mechanic uses the generic Delco water pump as its about half the price of the Pontiac part and identical

Read up about issues with getting air bubbles in the coolant system and the resultant issues that many have had. There is a right way and a wrong way to deal with the coolant.

Good luck
Thank you very much for the information. I have been searching high and low here in the Tampa Bay area for any independent shop that is familiar with the Solstice. I have come up empty so far. Naturally I am going to keep looking.

·
Premium Member
2,319 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Hang in a few more days and the Tampa crowd will catch up with you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Our GXP is now in SC, but while it was down in FL we had pretty good service through Rivard Buick/GMC in Brandon (on Adamo Dr). They used to also be a Pontiac dealer. Did good work under our extended warranty, which is now expired. It's not an independent dealer, but they did pretty good work.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts