Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I captured shots from that flash animation with the trunk top up and top down. I just don't have enough posts to be able to put them on the site or some odd thing. (Maybe I just don't know what I'm doing ;) ). Can someone tell me what to do and I will get those shots up ASAP.

Jason

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Trying to add them to gallery or inline in the post?

To add them inline to the post use the "manage attachements" button just below the text reply box. You can add 5 attachments per reply.

p.s. someone is going to have to teach me how to capture Flash images...I'm clueless with those.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Fformula88 said:
Where did you grab the pics. Did you get a peak at an auto show?
There's a new animation on Pontiac.com, they have bunch of new pictures. Trunk sneak peek is under "top down exhileration" tab. Shows top going into trunk from above car, I think the temple looks shorter than what we've seen (more room behind it)...or I'm just seeing things :lol:

·
Registered
600 Posts
Thanks! Keep forgetting to look at the Pontiac site. The solstice is no longer one of the vehicles coming soon. Just wish it was here now.

·
Premium Member
10,412 Posts
mceb said:
There's a new animation on Pontiac.com, they have bunch of new pictures. Trunk sneak peek is under "top down exhileration" tab. Shows top going into trunk from above car, I think the temple looks shorter than what we've seen (more room behind it)...or I'm just seeing things :lol:
From the animation it looks like there is more room, maybe that is the reason for them to say 2 soft golf bags.
It also looks like it is closer to the seats and not as high as it look from the Seatle Show.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
OK putting them inline here...

I agree LV there does appear more usuable room behind the temple.

dgusa, can you get one more with the top fully up so we can see the hump in the trunk better?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Here's the old pic for comparison. Hard to tell if it's changed or not, maybe it's just the angle from above that makes it appear different.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Those rendered images make it look more flat then Mayan step temple as in the actual pic we have.

·
Registered
67 Posts
mceb said:
OK putting them inline here...

I agree LV there does appear more usuable room behind the temple.

dgusa, can you get one more with the top fully up so we can see the hump in the trunk better?
this is the best i could get. actually it was the first attempt and i thought it was pretty good so i stopped trying. but i'll tell you how i got it so you can try. i just hit the "print screen" button on the keyboard when i want to take the still pic. what windows does is take a pic of your whole screen and copy it to the clipboard. then just open up your photo editing software and paste it. for most people that is just MS Paint. i then just select the part i want (the sol pic), copy it to the clipboard, and open a new photo document and paste it. file, save as..., and there you go. dgusa may have done it a different way but i find this to be the easiest since you don't need any additional software or anything.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
brentil said:
Those rendered images make it look more flat then Mayan step temple as in the actual pic we have.
Actually the older pic looks flatter to me, the newer one looks little steeper in height but not as wide toward the back?

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Looking at Moobs image he posted I can now see that the fuel tank in the trunk is the Mayan Temple from the real pics. You can make out the step part of the way up.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Looks like there is a bit more room behind the temple than I had thought based on the original auto show pics, but it may also just be the angle at which we are looking at it. However, I don’t think the temple itself really looks all that different. The autoshow pic looks fairly accurate compared to this animation.

I also noticed under specifications that they have the top down trunk capacity reduced to 1.4 cubic feet.

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Since I had a hard time seeing what everyone was talking about, I lighted the pontiac pic, flipped it, and compared it to the auto-show pic.

First thing that showed up at a glance - the pontiac.com pic HAS NO TRUNK HINGE MECHANISM or REAR SEAL. I showed that in an enhanced view as a lightened area.

Then, as I looked at it more, I realized that the back glass, fabric, hinges and such were non-existant in GA73's pics from the autoshow - because there was no top. If you fill in the area (I darkened it for emphasis) it starts looking a LOT like the pontiac pics from the temple forward.

The third one shows a darkened area representing the seal/shelf and hinge like GA73's pic. They look the same to me, pontiac prolly took some liberties thinking nobody would look this closely at it.

I do know it's impossible to open a trunk (in a production car) without a hinge :lol: Maybe it's an animation shortcut like the "see through" car on the DVD from the dealership.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
solsticeman said:
First thing that showed up at a glance - the pontiac.com pic HAS NO TRUNK HINGE MECHANISM or REAR SEAL. I showed that in an enhanced view as a lightened area.

Then, as I looked at it more, I realized that the back glass, fabric, hinges and such were non-existant in GA73's pics from the autoshow - because there was no top. If you fill in the area (I darkened it for emphasis) it starts looking a LOT like the pontiac pics from the temple forward.
Yup, now it looks more like it. They took a few liberties with the animations. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted :lol:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Your right no hinges, but it shows the space UNDER the little deck in the back, most likely where golf clubs will squeeze in… ;)

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Trabbic said:
Your right no hinges, but it shows the space UNDER the little deck in the back, most likely where golf clubs will squeeze in… ;)
Yup, looks like it.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts