Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Although the deal is not available on all of GM's vehicles for the initial purchase, it is for the second purchase. So you could buy a 2005 Chevrolet Aveo with no-interest financing for 36 months and then buy a Hummer H3 with the same deal later.

"It's on any future car. It can be on cars we haven't even introduced yet into the market, that the consumer doesn't even know exists," LaNeve said. "It may be super hot and have no incentives. This would guarantee a pretty strong incentive for the future."
That definitely describes a Solstice. So I guess I could buy an Aveo now and trade it in on a forced induction Solstice when they eventually arrive...Interesting

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
That sounds like a pretty cool incentive. If I had the expendable money now I'd think about it more seriously.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
DreamerDave said:
That definitely describes a Solstice. So I guess I could buy an Aveo now and trade it in on a forced induction Solstice when they eventually arrive...Interesting
I love that example! With the expected resale value of the Aveo, I wonder if there would be any sense in even trading it in on a Hummer H3! LOL. Plus I cannot imagine someone moving from one to the other in 3 years!

It does look like a good incentive. It could be really valuable down the road if interest rates go up a lot in 5-10 years! Its definitely would be a good incentive to get in on for anybody interested in buying in the near future!

·
Registered
179 Posts
As a sidenote, just when i heard about this 0% financing thing, I checked my mail and there was a letter from my GM credit card, offering $2,000 off any GM vehicle in place of my earnings so far... basically the $248 dollars I have now as my GM rewards would be upped to $2,000, the caveat being that you purchase before 1/03/2005. I believe other rebates would still apply as well, they would if you were using your regular GM rewards. Hmm, I'll take that $2,000, add on a $500 recent grad discount and whatever rebates are available on the Aveo (another 500 maybe?), rebay it and hold onto 0% financing for the Solstice or another Kappa... woot!

·
Registered
151 Posts
this is great new considering i have been contemplating getting rid of my ion for an aveo for daily driving so i have more $$$ to spend on my solstice when i get it, and with 0% financing, who could pass this up? definitely reason to wait for the high end version as the interest could easily end up being the cost difference between 25000 and 20000 if no money is put down! GREAT NEWS! gm is starting to get a loyal customer here!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts