Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone see the new TV spot with the black GTO stopped at a traffic light? That's got to be one of the best car ad's I've seen in years.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Yeah, it's been on TV for a little bit now, it's pretty cool. The one I like the most right now is the Cobalt bumping the Corvette till it gets pissed off.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hadn't seen the Cobalt ad. The GTO ad perfectly captures the essence of the muscle car in 30 seconds. It almost made me run out to the dealer even though I prefer sports cars to straight line pavement scorchers.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
I haven’t seen the GTO ad yet, but I have seen the Cobalt spot. It’s a good commercial.

Another add I liked was the Corvette add that created all the controversy among some of the safety groups because it showed a kid driving a car! I thought it was great!

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Yeah I agree, I liked that commercial too.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Still doesn't compare to the Corvette ad that they showed during the Olympics. That was pretty cool. Too bad the overprotective, fun-killers with sticks up their butts made Chevy pull the ad because "it was putting the idea in kids' heads to steal their parents car and go tearing around the city". :mad

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
simmonsmb said:
Still doesn't compare to the Corvette ad that they showed during the Olympics...
Now that you posted this, I remember one other relatively recent car ad that blew me away. The Ford GT commerical during the Super Bowl. I didn't catch the Vette ad.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts