Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello!

I recently picked up a 2009 mean yellow gxp with 42,000 miles on it.

It so far appears to be in pretty good condition and the only modification is the GMPP tune/sensors.

This forum appears to have a good amount of knowledge base on this platform even with it being over a decade old.

Looking forward to enjoying my new ride next summer and possibly doing a few modifications along the way.

First up is a new head unit so I can get apple carplay hooked up.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Motor vehicle

·
Premium Member
799 Posts
Beautiful GXP... welcome to the fun! :cool:

·
Registered
2007 Solstice GXP Mysterious
289 Posts
Hello!

I recently picked up a 2009 mean yellow gxp with 42,000 miles on it.

It so far appears to be in pretty good condition and the only modification is the GMPP tune/sensors.

This forum appears to have a good amount of knowledge base on this platform even with it being over a decade old.

Looking forward to enjoying my new ride next summer and possibly doing a few modifications along the way.

First up is a new head unit so I can get apple carplay hooked up.

View attachment 116601
I will never understand debadged cars as long as I live.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Nice pick. Looks just like mine, de-badged as well. A much nicer look without all those chrome letters stuck on there....
So if you thought the car was ugly, why did you buy it? And assuming that you did and you're like this guy, why did you leave the arrowheads on? Aren't you humiliated to have given your money to The Company That Made the Aztek?

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
So if you thought the car was ugly, why did you buy it? And assuming that you did and you're like this guy, why did you leave the arrowheads on? Aren't you humiliated to have given your money to The Company That Made the Aztek?
Whoa, chill out a bit. I thought we were having some fun here.

I think the Solstice is a gorgeous car and that's a big part of why I bought one. Like many people, I prefer my cars without most of the badges and tend to typically clean them up by removing the ones that I think detract from the styling of the car. I like the arrowheads and their tie to the legacy of Pontiac. I think you'll have tough time convincing many people that the GM chiclet on the fender improves the looks of a Solstice.

Sorry to the OP for unintentionally for derailing this thread. Beautiful car - drive it and enjoy it.

·
Premium Member
799 Posts
The antenna on the trunk is for XM-Sirius/On-Star, the one on the passenger side is for radio.

Reactions: Sting Ya

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was wondering this myself, thanks!

Fixed up two of the “issues” I’ve noticed so far.

The rear passenger taillight had moisture in it so I found the leaking area, dried it all out and then resealed it.

The rear window had tint poorly cut and placed onthe outside with a giant Chevrolet sticker on it.
I used a heat gun and carefully removed the tint.
First time removing tint and it worked great! Now the window looks brand new.

Waiting on the gm module from crutchfield to be in stock so I can install the head unit.

What’s peoples opinions on best cup holder option? The single cup holder is broken on this one.

·
Administrator
9,484 Posts

What’s peoples opinions on best cup holder option? The single cup holder is broken on this one.
The option that is closest to stock, but not as breakable, is called the Santana, but it is fairly expensive. A search of the forum will find information about, and those who have it really like it.

·
Registered
289 Posts
The antenna on the trunk is for XM-Sirius/On-Star, the one on the passenger side is for radio.
The cars that have the non-whip radio antenna have it in the rear or passenger side glass panels. The Kappa has no rear passenger windows, and the rear window will get bad reception when the top is down and it's inside the trunk.

·
Premium Member
799 Posts
After swapping a couple of used OEM cup holders, which brought the same frustrating results, I bought a Santana and never looked back!

Automotive design Vehicle Motor vehicle Steering wheel Steering part

·
Premium Member
799 Posts
Is that the $300 padded armrest? And if so, is it WORTH $300?
Why, yes it is. SO worth it on a manual transmission car... I spare no expense on this little car because I'm not even close to being halfway through my Mid-life crisis Corvette money! :cool:

·
Premium Member
799 Posts
Hmm... mine came with SiriusXM. But the receiver is a flat stub without the fin-like portrusion.
I think the fin is the On-Star antenna element

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Did you order straight from their website? Based on some posts on here it sounds iffy that I will receive it.
After swapping a couple of used OEM cup holders, which brought the same frustrating results, I bought a Santana and never looked back!

View attachment 116634
Did you order direct from their website? Based on some posts on here it sounds iffy that I’ll receive it.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts