Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all Just wanting to say hi and introduce myself as a new person on a waiting list on someones desk...... :( From the looks of it I may be waiting a good long time huh....

Great place you have here and hope to be able to post that I GOT MINE TODAY thread soon.....

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Welcome Dude!

This is a great place to check in if you want a SOL.

Don't feel too bad if it's a long wait. I am Car # 1145. Ordered back in April, And am still waiting.

The other nice thing about this place is, you can check on how the warm climates are doing with their Sols.

I will be storing mine Nov. 1st if it ever gets here. Nice to have you aboard!

Mitch :cool:

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Welcome Aboard!

3X Dude said:
Hi all Just wanting to say hi and introduce myself as a new person on a waiting list on someones desk...... :( From the looks of it I may be waiting a good long time huh....

Great place you have here and hope to be able to post that I GOT MINE TODAY thread soon.....
Good place to get all your info on the Solstice! And YES.....You will be waiting a long time! :yesnod: Welcome Aboard!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys for the welcome ...

Mitch I as you will store mine for winter Definatly....!!!!

I think this is one of the hottest GM cars to hit the road since the Chevelle....

Bought mine in 72 still in the garage with 50k original miles....

Im sure my sol will be the same ;)

Does anyone know why the named the car what they did???

Seems like a really strange name for a car ( I mean knowing what it is and what it means just really baffled me a bit )

·
Read Only
3,468 Posts
3X Dude said:

Welcome! My order is only two weeks older than yours, so I share your wait. Post early, post often!

--Chemist

·
Registered
705 Posts
3X Dude said:
Seems like a really strange name for a car ( I mean knowing what it is and what it means just really baffled me a bit )
Not so strange a name when you think about it this way...The Summer Solstice is the longest day of the year and this has been the longest I've waited for darn near anything except my kids! (longer wait for my wife I guess)

As for storing it...no way! I hope to trade mine in in two years for a turbo...I wonder what an '06 Sol with 120K on it will be worth? :lol:

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
:cool:
3X Dude said:
Thanks guys for the welcome ...

Mitch I as you will store mine for winter Definatly....!!!!

I think this is one of the hottest GM cars to hit the road since the Chevelle....

Bought mine in 72 still in the garage with 50k original miles....

Im sure my sol will be the same ;)

Does anyone know why the named the car what they did???

Thats pretty cool you kept your chevelle that long. When I wasn't driving my 69 dodge dart swinger, My old man let me drive his 72 chevelle malibu. It must be great owning a car that long.

I agree this car somehow makes me think of a 70 chevelle or a 60s vette.

I'm sure it will become a classic. And the first year of any car is kinda cool.

I think the name Solstice. SOL=SUN. A car for those who drop the top, and live for the SUN. Mitch :cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts