Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, I just registered last nite. Great forum! The last couple of days I spent calling every dealership in California close to me. I found a Solstice that had just come in, and the person that had ordered it changed his mind.

1 of 1000 Aggressive, leather, xm radio, 6 cd, fully loaded/no onstar, no smokers. MSRP

The dealership is as nice as the car!

I Love this car!!! :)

I am on the Central Coast. The dealer did a search while I watched, and it was the only Solstice available in CA. Yes, I was very lucky!

·
Registered
729 Posts
Well, congratulations!! You are very lucky!!

Watch out, here comes all the folks in this forum who have been waiting 6 months for their car and still don't know where they are!! They, as well as I, wish we could just walk into a dealer and get one like you did.
They will be pissed!! :leaving:

- bspate -

·
Premium Member
9,965 Posts
bspate said:

Watch out, here comes all the folks in this forum who have been waiting 6 months for their car and still don't know where they are!! They, as well as I, wish we could just walk into a dealer and get one like you did.

- bspate -
Yea, it could get ugly, thankfully the more bitter members just got their cars... :glol:

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Congratulations! What part of California are you in?

·
Registered
275 Posts
If you got the car for MSRP, you're luckier than you know. The last several weeks I've been watching people selling new Solstices for between
$4000 and $5500 over MSRP. I'll bet the dealer didn't know that.

·
2,574 Posts
cadillacricket said:
This may be the luckyest story we have heard yet!! Welcome to the forum. Were you fortunate enough to pay sticker for it?
"Spent the last couple of days calling around" Wow! did that pay off! Been suggestng this to people but this takes the cake, Congrats and welcome. Wait till you realize how fortunate you are.

By the way Cricket, thanks again for the help this morning.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
bspate said:

- bspate -
I added to my original post.

Ohhh, sorry, I don't want to make anyone mad, I know from reading that so many are waiting. :(

I just got lucky, I spent all my life being incredibly unlucky, then a couple of years ago I just started getting good luck.

You aren't going to believe this either. I almost didnt buy it because I wanted sly. But, then I wised up! ;)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
cadillacricket said:
This may be the luckyest story we have heard yet!! Welcome to the forum. Were you fortunate enough to pay sticker for it?

Yes, sticker, the original price. Plus the people at the dealership were great. That's important to me, I will not buy from a dealer I don't like. Even if they have the car.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Susie said:
Yes, sticker, the original price. Plus the people at the dealership were great. That's important to me, I will not buy from a dealer I don't like. Even if they have the car.
NICE. You'll definitely hear those long time forum members groaning about that. Last minute deal AT MSRP. So what number is it?

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is cool!

Wow!! I am an "insider". I had no idea something like this existed. It is amazing at some of the misinformation that is out here, and lack of information for that matter. It is strange, as I speak with customers and dealers all day long related to the first 1K as well as the regular orders. What is even more amazing to me is to see all the hanky panky going on and GM doing nothing about it. I'm on a mission!!

·
Registered
278 Posts
isellubuy said:
Wow!! I am an "insider". I had no idea something like this existed. It is amazing at some of the misinformation that is out here, and lack of information for that matter. It is strange, as I speak with customers and dealers all day long related to the first 1K as well as the regular orders. What is even more amazing to me is to see all the hanky panky going on and GM doing nothing about it. I'm on a mission!!
whaa!?!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Susie said:
I just got lucky, I spent all my life being incredibly unlucky, then a couple of years ago I just started getting good luck.
wish i could get that lucky!

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Susie, I'll meet you in Vegas. ;) Welcome to the forum. Hope your luck rubs off.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Susie said:
Susie you just sent half the people here to their phones to track down an elusive Solstice. :lol:

We had someone here with a similar experience of late. So if you are tired of phoning your dealer for news, start phoning everyone else's dealer. :thumbs:

And I wouldn't worry about upsetting anyone. We are pretty happy to see anyone who loves this car get one. :willy:

1 - 20 of 56 Posts