Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, this computer stuff is new to me. If I post wrong, or do anything else goofy, sorry. If this is old news, also sorry.

In a meeting I had yesterday, I was informed of a couple of things. I was told the Solstice should be starting to hit dealer lots around the end of May. That mean orders "should" start around the middle to end of April. I'm trying to get a solid confirmation.

Next, I'm sure most of us has at least heard of the TV hit the Apprentice. I am told sometime around March/April there will be a show dedicated to the Solstice. I was told the teams will have to design a brochure for the dealers. Evidently this will be a larger brochure that costumers can come in and order the exact car they want out of this book. So it will be completely different than the ones we look at now.

I will do my best to keep everyone updated with anything I can find out.

·
Registered
182 Posts
interesting, not a bad marketing gimick, essentially you get an hour long commercial for the car. And I am happy to hear that the cars will hit in may.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Thanks for the info. Post anything you get.

As far as Apprentice goes, they do those all the time (product placement). I remember they did one show around the Crossfire. Will be fun to watch :cool

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Awesome, very interesting.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Very interesting new!! Thanks!! :thumbs
Any word on what the actual full list of options and pricing is? I know we've seen the partial list with estimated prices, but how about something official?? Any word on whether or not they'll have the top shown for this episode?? I've never seen an episode of the show but I can definitely say that I'll be watching that night!

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Good news, good promotion, now if they can just fire Donald Trump!

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
solsticeman said:
Hmmmm. New York, huh? :D
Didn't someone post that they saw a solstice running around one of the buroughs with a film crew? Could this be related?

·
Registered
72 Posts
I would think so. We thought that shooting a commercial in NY this time of year was silly, but putting it on that show would be "Brilliant"

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
2KWK4U said:
Didn't someone post that they saw a solstice running around one of the buroughs with a film crew? Could this be related?
Didn't someone say "New York, huh? HMMMMMmmmmm....." on that thread, too? :jester

Solstice Commercial Speculation Thread

No, really, I was thinking that a commercial in NY,NY was kinda dumb, and either the car was there for another reason or where it was shot was just a temporary spot before it went on to maybe New England (for some magazine "drive") or off shores (maybe back to england? Nurburgring? The next Survivor?).

But the apprentice hadn't dawned on me...

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
2KWK4U said:

Ding Ding Ding Ding!!!! This is most probably the reason for the mysterious Solstice shoot. I was thinking it had to be still photos because the set was too minimal, but it does fit the reality TV type set perfectly. Jiggly, crappy images, don't need much for that.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
That is great but I hope these folks (dealers, GM people) that come to the forum can finally start giving us the information we desperatly are WAITING to hear starting next week.

·
Registered
533 Posts
jwvrod said:

Next, I'm sure most of us has at least heard of the TV hit the Apprentice. I am told sometime around March/April there will be a show dedicated to the Solstice. I was told the teams will have to design a brochure for the dealers. Evidently this will be a larger brochure that costumers can come in and order the exact car they want out of this book. So it will be completely different than the ones we look at now.

Does any part of this marketing plan include methods to discourage price gouging? The Saturn Sky debut started with the presenter talking about Saturn's customer friendly approach and their no haggle pricing policy. People who are still on the fence in terms of choosing between the Solstice and the Sky may choose the Sky on that basis depending on how Pontiac dealers price the Solstice.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
tcl said:
Does any part of this marketing plan include methods to discourage price gouging? The Saturn Sky debut started with the presenter talking about Saturn's customer friendly approach and their no haggle pricing policy. People who are still on the fence in terms of choosing between the Solstice and the Sky may choose the Sky on that basis depending on how Pontiac dealers price the Solstice.
I have heard rumors that GM has bitten back at dealers who excessively gouged for Chevy SSR's and Pontiac GTO's by drastically cutting their allocations for future cars. If that is true, or if they have at least done something to slap those dealers hands, maybe they will not be as quick to mark up Solstices.

We have seen a couple represented dealers here on the forum who have pledged not to mark up their Solstices, so there are good dealers out there! :thumbs

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Fformula88 said:
We have seen a couple represented dealers here on the forum who have pledged not to mark up their Solstices, so there are good dealers out there! :thumbs
So far so good with dealers being cool about it. Let's keep our fingers crossed that same thing holds up when cars arrive.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Yeah, hopefully.
I've printed up every dealer within 150 miles of me and I'm going to start calling each one soon with some specific questions and attempt to try and start a dealer thread.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Just a reminder, if the Apprentice info proves to be true, the new spring season of the show starts this Thursday night.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
mceb said:
Just a reminder, if the Apprentice info proves to be true, the new spring season of the show starts this Thursday night.
Thats interesting. If they are going to feature the Sol on the apprentice, I wonder if it will be on from the first episode of the season.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I think you guys are right about the Solstice shoot in New York because a patient at my work is going to be on the apprentice for the next season (not this new one coming up) and they are already filming that one. They film things way ahead of time it looks like. :smile

1 - 20 of 34 Posts