Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The ball is rolling, and I'm just trying to keep it in a straight line. I'd like your input on the following:

(1) a name for the "New Jersey Club" (if possible, be inclusive by using "Kappa" and not "Solstice") -- we're going to start with a "State-wide" membership with people from surrounding states invited to join;
(2) a location for our first "Meet & Greet"; and
(3) a date for our first "Meet & Greet".

I'm keeping it simple -- get the word out and let's get as many people on this list as possible.

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
I'm just going to freefloat for a moment:
We could banner with "East Coast Kappa" and break it down into Chapters:
New Jersey Solstice Car Club, Tri-State Solstice/Sky Car Club, etc.

Other than the GM engineers who designed the car, or we forum members, who would "get" what Kappa represents? At first blush, it sounds like a college fraternity house.

Also, we need to relate "Solstice" to the car because there are plenty of alternative religion based organizations that use Solstice (as in summer/winter).

·
Registered
753 Posts
bergen... is that up by NYC? there should be a fair number of Solstice owners up that way.
i'm in the philadelphia area and i know there are some philadelphia-montgomery-bucks county Sols- and south/ central New Jersey Solstices too. What did you do to get the "ball rolling"?

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
We need to obtain email addresses, set up a few target dates and see which ones will work with everyone's schedules. Once we've comitted to the date, we could gather for a greet and eat.

Thanks for the link, gizmo. I place my vote for keeping the club name "Solstice". Saturn/Sky is a separate identity.

·
Registered
76 Posts
solli4me said:
We need to obtain email addresses, set up a few target dates and see which ones will work with everyone's schedules. Once we've comitted to the date, we could gather for a greet and eat.

Thanks for the link, gizmo. I place my vote for keeping the club name "Solstice". Saturn/Sky is a separate identity.
:agree:

Live in the north, work in Trenton (well, at least this week). Good for anywhere, but gotta have some notice!

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
solli4me said:
How about doing something for the start of Spring, like the NEO's are doing on March 25th? That would give us a month and a half to identify a place, get the word out, compile the email list, etc.

Any ideas on location?

Did we want to coordinate a drive in there somewhere, or just start simple with a greet and eat, like solli suggested?

·
Registered
753 Posts
New Hope, PA or Lambertville, NJ which is across the river from New Hope, PA might draw some central and south jersey sols as well as philadelphia suburbs like bucks, montgomery county, and chester county. still driveable from North Jersey too.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Count me in. I would rather have a Solstice only club and name. I plan on telling folks my car is a Solstice, not a Kappa. Next thing you know, the Opel folks will want in.

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
cdb said:
New Hope, PA or Lambertville, NJ which is across the river from New Hope, PA might draw some central and south jersey sols as well as philadelphia suburbs like bucks, montgomery county, and chester county. still driveable from North Jersey too.
This is a good idea. Both areas have history and the drive along the Delaware is pretty cool. Here's a link for restaurants:
http://www.newhopepennsylvania.com/dining.html

The following weekend dates are open for me:
3/18 & 19
3/25 & 26
4/15, 22 & 23
5/21 & 22

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
New Hope/Lambertville sounds good. I was checking out the restaurant link that solli posted, and noticed a few places do Sunday brunch, which is a nice possibility. It would give everyone plenty of time to check out the area for the afternoon, or simply plenty of daylight to take a nice topdown ride along through the area.

·
Registered
242 Posts
There are many great restuarants in New Hope, but it's very crowded and parking can be a problem on a nice day. I think Lambertville is nicer, less crowded, better restuarants, shopping and parking. It will be fun to meet everyone wherever we decide to go.

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
Plus, you drive over the bridge and that road runs along the Delaware, no?

·
Registered
242 Posts
You can drive over the bridge and do the Jersey and the Penna. side, there is a lot to do and see on both sides of the river, and lots of nice twisty roads.

·
Registered
753 Posts
solli4me said:
This is a good idea. Both areas have history and the drive along the Delaware is pretty cool. Here's a link for restaurants:
http://www.newhopepennsylvania.com/dining.html

The following weekend dates are open for me:
3/18 & 19
3/25 & 26
4/15, 22 & 23
5/21 & 22
i'm at work so can't se the calender, but i'm pretty sure the march dates are open for us.
Lambertville is easier for parking and just a walk over the bridge to New Hope, but Sunday morning in New Hope draws the bikers for brunch and is more of a 'happening' atmosphere.
Solstices are still unusual enough that a dozen of them at the same place would be fun regardless of where we stopped.

·
Registered
365 Posts
!

My wife and I will definitely be up for this Meet, she loves New Hope. I should have the Turbo Kit on the car and tuned in by this time as well so that should add a little excitement to the event:cool:

Might want to think about late march or early April for the meet as early March weather is very unpredictable.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
BoostedSOL said:
Might want to think about late march or early April for the meet as early March weather is very unpredictable.
Late March or Early April sounds about right. Remember that the Watkins Glen event in NY is the end of April, and some NJ Solstice owners may be planning to attend that event as well. We don't want to make ours too close to that one.

Maybe I'll start a poll for which weekend is best for everyone. And that way we can start compiling a list of who thinks they would like to go.

It'll be my first poll, so it may take a few minutes to figure out... Stand by....

·
Registered
47 Posts
Lambertville/New Hope is a great location, will parking be an issue???
What about the Flemington area, easy to get to

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
1 - 20 of 42 Posts