Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

New Member. Door lock switches and Keyless entry not working.

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  squilliam 
#1 ·
Hi, Im new to the forum, I just purchased an 07 manual Solstice and so far love the car but the keyless entry/power locks do not work. When driving the doors auto lock and unlock when key is removed, I replaced the remote battery and cleaned the contacts, also checked fuse 26 on the BCM. The panic button on the remote gets me 3 beeps and flashes but the lock/unlock and trunk pop do nothing, also when inside the car the driver and passenger lock buttons are also unresponsive. Any help is much appreciated thanks in advance!

#2 ·
Open the remote, take out the board and on the back side you will see some traces that make contact with the rubber pad when the button is pushed. Take a small piece of aluminum foil and see if jumping a set of contacts and simulating a button push does anything.

I suspect it will and if that's the case you either have to buy a new remote shell, a new rubber pad or take small pieces of metal duct tape and stick them to the back of the rubber pad so the electric circuit is complete when a button push is performed.

Entire fob cases can be had on eBay for a few bucks.

EDIT: I see that the lock/unlock button inside the car doesn't work either? Forget everything I said before, you may well have another issue going on.

#3 ·
Thank you, yes the inside lock buttons do nothing also, possibly unrelated the driver side headlight low beam was also not working after swapping out the bulb i traced down that the relay and fuse were good and had power at the fuse block but nothing coming out of the block to the headlight. maybe its possible the same thing is going on with the locks, I checked fuse 56 under the hood and it has power im going to check 26 also and see.

#5 ·
I had the same problem a month ago and after some frustration I went to a locksmith who told me the remote itself was bad. He wanted $55 for a new one and $15 to program it. I found a new one on EBay for $20 then took kit to the locksmith who charge me $15 to program it. The remote came with a new battery.

#10 ·
Sounds to me like you received a replacement remote that you can buy ?? just about anywhere Amazon,Ebay and thos remotes will sometimes activate the panic feature but no other feature ie door or trubk unlock. If you have one working remote will all features many locksmiths can program your remote, if you do not have One working remote you need to go to a Chevrolet or any other GM garage to have them program your remote for you from the cars PCM. Can be Pricey I have seen from 150-400 depending on features. And yes I think that's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.