Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys,

I just joined today. I do not own a Solstice yet, but have recently started looking to buy. The car would be for my wife, and for myself a little too. I have always liked Pontiacs including GTOs, G8s and more recently Solstices. My word to describe the car is "sexy". I am hoping to gain some pre-purchase insight about the car. What to look for, and what to ask. My current fun car is a 2016 Camaro SS. I like to drag race, and last year started autocrossing. That was a very humbling experience. We may try autocrossing in the Solstice, at some point. That's enough about me. It's time to start learning about this car.

Bill R
Perrsyburg OH

Reactions: sirwm

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
Welcome. I have driven my roadster twice and my coupe (when I had it) once to visit Fort Meigs. Beautiful area.
As for the Solstice everything you want to know is here. Start by searching. You won’t find a better source than this forum.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome. I have driven my roadster twice and my coupe (when I had it) once to visit Fort Meigs. Beautiful area.
As for the Solstice everything you want to know is here. Start by searching. You won’t find a better source than this forum.
Thanks for the welcome - Fort Meigs and the Maumee River are real treasures. We like to take walks along the river on the towpath. There is lots of craziness during the spring walleye run.

Bill

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello & welcome to the Asylum !
While searching for your Solstice, check out a friend of mine, Steve Petro at
https://www.revupmotors.com/ in Detroit. (not far from you) he usually has some in stock and / or will find what you're looking for
Nervous
Thanks for the welcome, and the tip. None in stock at the moment. We are not in a hurry, and can take our time. Prices seem a bit high at the moment.

Bill

·
Registered
104 Posts
Welcome! I've had my Solstice for 1.25 years and it has been the most fun!
I hope you go for it and find a great one : )

You've come to the right place for questions and help, lots or really passionate and knowledgeable people on here about the Solstice.

·
Registered
944 Posts
If it will be just for your wife, the base 2.4 will be fine. If you want to do a little hot rodding on the weekend, you may want to go with the GXP (perfect power for this car). But, since you like to do a little racing, and drive a Camaro, you will be much happier with a V8. I bought my Mallett new (07) and have loved every minute of it. But you will pay about 20K more, but it will not keep increasing in value.

Reactions: wrankin

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good luck. Make sure you get a gxp...welcome.
We test drove the non-turbo last weekend. Looking for a bit more power - maybe my Camaro spoiled me.

Bill

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If it will be just for your wife, the base 2.4 will be fine. If you want to do a little hot rodding on the weekend, you may want to go with the GXP (perfect power for this car). But, since you like to do a little racing, and drive a Camaro, you will be much happier with a V8. I bought my Mallett new (07) and have loved every minute of it. But you will pay about 20K more, but it will not keep increasing in value.
this would mostly be my wife's car. When you mention Mallet, are you referring to an after-market supercharger on a Solstice?

Bill

·
Super Moderator
7,867 Posts
this would mostly be my wife's car. When you mention Mallet, are you referring to an after-market supercharger on a Solstice?

Bill
The Mallet is a V8 in a Solstice.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Mallett, as used in this thread, refers to modifications performed by Chuck Mallett, usually a V8 conversion with a better suspension.

Mallett Cars

:thumbs:

I can't imagine how much fun that would be to drive

Bill

·
Super Moderator
7,867 Posts
I can't imagine how much fun that would be to drive

Bill
I have seen every reaction from "Amazing" to "Let me out of this thing" from those who have driven them.

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Welcome Wrank - as you see, you'll get lots of feedback from members here. (And they're not shy about spending YOUR money!)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts