Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Minneapolis and saw 4 of the new 2010 Saturn Sky Redlines on a dealer lot when they were for sale back in 2010. I so badly wanted to buy one but financially didnt make sense for me at the time. A few years later, though, i have really fallen in love with the Solstice Coupe. GXP and manual please! Less concerned about color although i thin silver is pretty handsome on this car. Really wanna find something under 10,000 miles to come to a VERY good home for long term good keeping.

I'm sort of patient to wait for the right one to become available, but what is the actual selling price for low mileage GXP manual coupes? I see them listed at $45k, but i just dont see them selling there. What has your experience been. Anyone selling? :)

·
Registered
2009 Mysterious GXP Coupe #100
2,734 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,903 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,903 Posts
I'm sort of patient to wait for the right one to become available, but what is the actual selling price for low mileage GXP manual coupes? .......
Well, the last one that I know about sold on ebay for $26402...
#1116 sold a few months ago, but I have not heard about its pricing...

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
I got my aggressive red one about 3-4 months ago for $24K with 35K miles. The same seller has/had a baby blue one with 66K miles and also selling for $24k. These were stock cars, no mods, mine was a 2.4, I don't know what the blue one had in it. It appears that mileage and 2.4/2.0 turbo/GXP has very little affect on the prices of Coupes and the going average price seems to be about $25K.

I'd been watching the prices on these for several years and a year or more ago I used to see 15-20 of them available nationwide, many for under $20K. When I bought mine there were only 5: 3 black ones and the red and blue one. All 5 had a price of $24K. I figured that I needed to pounce before the price escalated any more.

Also, as you can see, I specifically needed a bright red one to match my two Opels.

:)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys. This is very helpful. Ive been trading emails on a couple of coupes. From $28,000 for a GXP manual (red) for $28,000 to that black one listed here with 200 miles on it for $40,000. The former is probably not a horrible price but i just dont see these trading for $40k, even with 200 miles.

·
Registered
7,667 Posts
Great taste in cars. Just know of the 1266 coupes, approximately one out of three were manuals.
Yup - 286 manual GXP coupes out of 781 built.

·
Premium Member
4,903 Posts

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
I Love Yellow Sports Cars

The funny thing is that I actually don't like red sports cars. I'm a yellow dude. I only bought a red Coupe because my Opels are red and I built up quite a following with my Red Baron theme. But both my Opel GT's were originally yellow and my previous GT, that I drove for 18 years and 225K miles was always yellow. The PO's of the two GT's I currently have had nixed yellow when they repainted. Sacrilege! Never change the color of a yellow car! It's already the perfect color!

To me, red is the cheesy, cliched, old school, classic sports car color. But during the past 2 decades, yellow has challenged red's supremacy. Every time I see that little snippet of Mahermusic's yellow Coupe in his avatar I drool and wish I wasn't stuck with my darn red car motif. Once my full body kit gets installed later this month on my red Coupe, I may have to add some yellow striping to keep my toe in the yellow sports car paint can.

My Red Baron-themed GT is currently being stripped of all of it's upgrade and restoration parts and then the car will be given away to a worthy Opel lover. The parts will be transferred to my Ferrari Dino-themed GT you see in my avatar with the car cover stuffed in the engine compartment. That car will have lots of yellow paint highlights on the red.

Attachments

·
Registered
870 Posts
The funny thing is that I actually don't like red sports cars. I'm a yellow dude. I only bought a red Coupe because my Opels are red and I built up quite a following with my Red Baron theme. But both my Opel GT's were originally yellow and my previous GT, that I drove for 18 years and 225K miles was always yellow. The PO's of the two GT's I currently have had nixed yellow when they repainted. Sacrilege! Never change the color of a yellow car! It's already the perfect color!

To me, red is the cheesy, cliche'd, old school, classic sports car color. But during the past 2 decades, yellow has challenged red's supremacy. Every time I see that little snippet of Mahermusic's yellow Coupe in his avatar I drool and wish I wasn't stuck with my darn red car motif. Once my full body kit gets installed later this month on my red Coupe, I may have to add some yellow striping to keep my toe in the yellow sports car paint can.

My Red Baron-themed GT is currently being stripped of all of it's upgrade and restoration parts and then the car will be given away to a worthy Opel lover. The parts will be transferred to my Ferrari Dino-themed GT you see in my avatar with the car cover stuffed in the engine compartment. That car will have lots of yellow paint highlights on the red.
Can't get Tom Selleck and red Ferarri out of my head......

·
Registered
7,667 Posts
The funny thing is that I actually don't like red sports cars. I'm a yellow dude.
Its entirely a personal preference.

I always raced a white car (easier to touch up chips acquired on the track) and owned only a couple or three yellow cars which were never really to my liking.

I have to say that red now fills most of my stable - 4 reds, a white, two blues, a gray and a brown.

When I painted this car, it took me 2 years to settle on the right shade of red - I found most far too orange for me. Finally found what I wanted in a modern BMW colour (the red car I painted before that was a Porsche colour).

Looks different to different cameras and in different lights though. I like the rendition in the first photo. That's closest to what it really looks like. I also rather like the Solstice red (not not the orange).

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
When I painted this car, it took me 2 years to settle on the right shade of red - I found most far too orange for me. Finally found what I wanted in a modern BMW colour (the red car I painted before that was a Porsche colour).

Looks different to different cameras and in different lights though. I like the rendition in the first photo. That's closest to what it really looks like. I also rather like the Solstice red (not not the orange).

Woah!!! What kind of car is that, that you pictured? Looks kinda like those Corvair/Monza prototypes that never got made due to Nader. I've got pics of those if anyone want to see them. The unused plans for those led to '68 'Vettes and Opel GT's.

My Red Baron Opel GT in my avator was painted with Maaco's Porsche red. It annoyingly changes color from red to pinkish to orange at different times of the day. The other Ferrari themed GT is painted in Classic Ford Truck Red which is much more stable in different kinds of light and always looks the same.

·
Registered
7,667 Posts
Woah!!! What kind of car is that, .
That's a 1956 MGA with a Fiberfab Jamaican body on it (and running a 3.4 GM V6 and T5). 200 bhp, 2000 lbs., better power to weight than a Solstice NA. Lots of fun.

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
That's a 1956 MGA with a Fiberfab Jamaican body on it (and running a 3.4 GM V6 and T5). 200 bhp, 2000 lbs., better power to weight than a Solstice NA. Lots of fun.
I posted pics of your car on my Opel website and it's generated a lively discussion about MGA's and Brit car kits. A guy in Norway posted the pic below of an advertisement showing your car kit.

Holy Canoli! I could get chicks with pointy boobs if I had one of those!

Sheesh! Could they have picked a lousier place to take those pics? Yum, chicks posing on nasty dead grass and weeds. No wonder she isn't smiling!

·
Registered
7,667 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
I posted pics of your car on my Opel website and it's generated a lively discussion about MGA's and Brit car kits. A guy in Norway posted the pic below of an advertisement showing your car kit.

Holy Canoli! I could get chicks with pointy boobs if I had one of those!

Sheesh! Could they have picked a lousier place to take those pics? Yum, chicks posing on nasty dead grass and weeds. No wonder she isn't smiling!

That address is 8 min from my work.

·
Registered
7,667 Posts
That address is 8 min from my work.
Afraid they moved (to Oregon) after shutting down manufacturing for the first time. And I expect that rather demonstrative young lady in the picture is in her mid 60s now......

1 - 20 of 27 Posts