Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just joined yesterday, I'm from the Motor City (Detroit) area. I live about 1/2 mi. from the GM Tech Center. I ordered a Solstice (order # JJRB3G) I now have a VIN #1G2MB33BO6Y101239 sent to me by my salesman yesterday. Can anyone tell me if and how I can track the production stages of my car or when I may see delivery of it? As you know the snow flies early in Michigan and I want time to drive it before it's time to park it.

My father worked at Chrysler for 36 years so naturally this the first non-Chrysler I've ever bought new, I was that impressed by it! I do own a 1969/70 MG Midget MKIII roadster that is a blast to drive so I'm already anxious to compare rides between the two!

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
OZ40 said:
I just joined yesterday, I'm from the Motor City (Detroit) area. I live about 1/2 mi. from the GM Tech Center. I ordered a Solstice (order # JJRB3G) I now have a VIN #1G2MB33BO6Y101239 sent to me by my salesman yesterday. Can anyone tell me if and how I can track the production stages of my car or when I may see delivery of it? As you know the snow flies early in Michigan and I want time to drive it before it's time to park it.

My father worked at Chrysler for 36 years so naturally this the first non-Chrysler I've ever bought new, I was that impressed by it! I do own a 1969/70 MG Midget MKIII roadster that is a blast to drive so I'm already anxious to compare rides between the two!
Check out this thread:

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3789

in the "getting your solstice" forum: http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
there's no "online" tool to help track your order. just keep bothering your dealer...they must love the attention or else they would tell gm to come up with a better "solution".

·
Premium Member
8,258 Posts
how in blazes did you get a VIN already ???

·
Premium Member
8,258 Posts
sorry.... :(

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I ordered mine back in......

My order was the in with the first batch of dealer orders submitted after the full page newspaper ads came out saying orders were now being taken. I think that was in late August or early Sept. Any idea how long it can take after you have a VIN #?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Must be a perk of living near HQ. I ordered mine mid June and have no idea when it will show. Congratulations on getting a VIN already.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey "ATR"

Where do you hang your hat at? Funny thing, I was inside the Tech Center 2weeks ago helping with the Karmanos Cancer Center charity auction and right inside the door they had red Solstice (my color) that you could get your picture taken in, when asked I replied "I'm not getting in until I can drive it!"

It's torture living near the GM Tech Center because I have to look at the executives from there coming from and going to work in their comp. Solstices they are driving as they cruise past my home on a daily basis...Aghhhhhhh!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts