Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

New member here soon to be buyer/owner of a black Coupe

3K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  derwin 
#1 ·
Hello I would like to introduce my self, my name is Jeremy I live in beautiful Orange County, Ca. In just 2 days I'm buying a 2009 2.4L Solstice Coupe in black with 90,000 miles on her. If anyone one here can let me know what a fair price for one is with this high of miles on it please let me know he has it listed at $12,000. Thankyou so much. Check out these pics....

See less See more
#4 ·
prices are all over the map for coupes.

All I can offer is that this price of $12k is the lowest price that I recall seeing for a coupe.

#5 · (Edited)
#6 ·
Welcome to the forum Blacksol.

I agree, that is the lowest price that I have seen for a coupe.
You certainly can't go wrong at that price and a manual as well, nice score.

I am sure if you detail it up and keep it maintained you will have years of enjoyment.

#7 ·
Welcome to the forum as others have said it seems to be a great price for a coupe as long as it was properly maintained the 2.4 motor was used in a variety of GM cars and has proven itself pretty durable .I would ask to see any maintenance records and get the vin # go to a GM authorized dealer and ask them to run it that will give you some idea of any work ,recalls preformed at a dealer .I go by the general condition of a car if it is well kept again I think it's a good deal ,if he is asking 12 offer him 10/5 and see where he goes from there .Good Luck !

#8 ·
Seems like a very good price. Many are getting high miles. I've seen a lot of NA coupes, with lower mileage, offered lately in the high 20's. You should have many miles left on that car. If you end up purchasing, please send me information for the coupe registry. Look at Chop tops post, "Looking for coupe now", to see how prices have been listed. Prices are all over the place. Still $12,000 is the cheapest, not salvaged, that I've seen. Good luck

#9 ·
#11 ·
Typical Nada and kbb pricing being wacky!! They talk coupe and then show nothing but convertibles. Yes our kappas are depreciating. It appears that nice coupes are holding some good resale prices. Yes some are asking what seems to be crazy prices but "are they getting what their asking?" It would nice to know. For sure the coupes will be valued better then theconvertibles and be a collectible sooner.

#17 ·
No big deal I've run across a few cars in my lifetime with lost titles and lost one myself all one has to do is go to the BMV and get a replacement here in Ohio it took me all of 15 minutes .If you really like the car and it's in good overall shape wait till they get a replacement title and go from there. Bottom line is they are selling a car and will need the title to complete the transaction .From the sound of it (title issue) you seem to be the first person who has shown a genuine interest in the car if it's been for sale for a while this is defiantly in your favor as far as negotiating the price goes do your homework ,as I said earlier run the vin at a dealer once you get it and ask for maintenance records . Good Luck !

#16 ·
I was just thinking that eight years divided by 90,000 comes to 11,250 miles a year which is reasonable when it comes to living in a year round climate. So I guess snow and salt has it benefits as far as mileage driven a year. Regardless, if the owners doesn't have the title (red flag), ask for the VIN. If they can't provide that, that would be another red flag to me. If they do, go to a GM dealership and ask them to run the number to find out its service history.

#18 ·
The price they are asking is very low. I can't believe they don't have lots of inquireries. Also the fact they can't find title should be a red flag. This whole thing may be a scam.

#19 ·
This is starting to look a little suspicious.

I too ran into a scam a little over a year ago when I was looking. Ad was noted to be from Quebec and emails to the 'owner' went really weird. "Car was Quebec but I am now in the states. Happy to ship the car for your review and then you can pay me". Then it just got weird so I told the seller that this looked to be a scam! Guess what, no responses from then on.

As the original posting has not responded since their original post that is another reason I would be very wary.

The telephone number provided is a cell phone and that person could be anywhere. And the description in the ad is rather vague.

I would suggest 'Jeremy' and 'Sara (the ad poster)' are one and the same.

Could be wrong but this just look really suspect and several days have past so where is the 'I bought it' celebration email from Jeremy?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.