Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wanted to say hello :seeya ...i didn't even know there was a forum for the solstice already even before it has come out! i'm really hyped up about its release, but i think i'm gonna wait for the turbocharged 6 speeder. it's gonna be sick.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Welcome aboard.

Who knows, but you might be waiting a while before it's Turbocharged AND a 6 speed gearbox too. We're hoping with the next auto show we'll get some really good info.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i read in a magazine (can't remember which one) that after it's release in fall 0f 2005, that a 6 speed turbocharged would be released the following year. i never read the article in its entirety, i just skimmed through it, but i could've swore that's what it said. i guess i'll just have to stay posted here to find out :thumbs

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Pretty much anything you read in magazines right now about it is more then likely speculation. GM/Pontiac have yet to release the specs/options for purchase. We have production #'s from a while back, but who knows how those are going to be when it finally comes out.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

The latest from GM about a turbo or supercharger powered Solstice was that they would not confirm that one was in the works, but that they would not deny it either. Reading between the lines, that means one is in the works but they are not prepared to say officially. It probably won’t appear immediately, but I cannot imagine GM dragging its feet too long before bringing it out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
when i did read the magazine, it was from a while back. i was cutting through the magazine aisle in Target, and this one magazine caught my eye because the solstice was on the front. i can't remember the details about it, but something about a turbocharged or supercharged was in it. ARRHH!! the suspense is killing me. i want to know for sure! :smile

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
BigWorm said:
when i did read the magazine, it was from a while back. i was cutting through the magazine aisle in Target, and this one magazine caught my eye because the solstice was on the front. i can't remember the details about it, but something about a turbocharged or supercharged was in it. ARRHH!! the suspense is killing me. i want to know for sure! :smile
Welcome to the board! The info you read is probably based on the 2002 concept car that was shown supercharged and with a 6 speed. The 2004 production Prototype, which is closer to reality, was not supercharged and has a 5 speed. The orginal concept is causing lots of people to speculate and Pontiac is not dissuadeing anybody from doing that, so no doubt these things are in the works, but when is anybody's guess. Look on the bright side, the suspence is only killing you from October, many of us have been held in suspense since January or Feburary! :banghead

·
4,592 Posts
Welcome aboard, we hope you can help with diversions to keep us from boredom until more Solstice news comes our way :yawn

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi, I'm new as well. Just registered today, in fact. I have to admit that I have been intrigued by the Solstice since I first saw the photos of the car in Autoweek. I've been reading, and saving every article I could find since. I haven't owned an American-buit car since 1986, but the Soltice might just change that. It's about time someone on this side of either ocean built something along the lines of a traditional sports car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well there you have it. the wisdom of others has taught me much. thanks for the input, now i'm not so confused as to what i read in that magazine.

·
Registered
281 Posts
BigWorm said:
well there you have it. the wisdom of others has taught me much. thanks for the input, now i'm not so confused as to what i read in that magazine.
solsticeman has his own pet theory. he thinks it will have a V6! :glol

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Ok, its time to end the debate. We all want to know what the Solstice will have under the hood? I have insider information from HIGH up in GM. They are squeezing the 400 HP LS2 under the hood. Since they decided to use it in the GTO and SSR, they figured why not? It’ll satisfy those power hungry solsticeforum members, and give them bragging rights over Mazda, BMW, and Honda’s roadsters. :lol :jester

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
brrrrrrrrrRRRRRRRRZZZZZZZZZZAAAAAAHAHHAHAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FF88, that's the sound of your alarm clock waking you up from a pretty intense dream :glol

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I had heard that Dodge was going to put their V10 Viper motor in their Kappa version (everyone is getting one these days), which is going to force GM to put the Caddy V16 in if they want to keep ahead. See how messy these vicious HP wars get? If just everyone could be happy with 4 cylinders, how simple this car could be.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I just prefer the sound/feel of a six to a four. Of course I also preferred a 3-4 liter six in 1964 so am a flatliner in the cycles of style.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts