Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi "guys"
New member here. Just purchased my Solstice from my dealer's pre ordered allocation. Allocation Group: SOLSTC (don't know what that means?). VOM #JMJH9R. Event: 3000. Priority:1. Dealer tells me my car will be delivered by the end of Nov. From what I've been reading on here that doesn't seem to be the case. Anyway, any information from you "seasoned" members would be greatly apprciated.
Thanks, Paul

·
Registered
462 Posts
Paul,
If you are number 1 in your dealer's 1st allocation you could very well get your car by the end of Nov. ;)

Event codes show the status of the order in the system. Using your VOM order number the dealer can lookup your status (event code) in the system.

2500 means preferenced or "picked up"
3000 means accepted by production control
3100 means available to be sequenced
3300 means scheduled for production
3400 means broadcast (internal plant order produced)
3800 means produced
4000 means available to ship
4150 means original invoice (dealer billed)
4200 means shipped
5000 means at dealer

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
mcbman said:
Paul,
If you are number 1 in your dealer's 1st allocation you could very well get your car by the end of Nov. ;)
Now I know that seems right... but what doesn't make sense is that they are only producing 7000 cars... they have 13,000 orders... how can somone just walk into a dealarship and get a car delivered in a month or so?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This dealer in Cleveland, told me they are the largest in the North East Ohio area and have the most allocations in the area. They had three they placed orders for that had not been purchased yet. I got there and had my choice of between three... Deep, Mysterious or Aggressive... I took the Aggressive with Blk leather, Every option except On-Star... I sure hope you guys are right about the Nov. delivery date... I am really EXCITED!!!! to say the least.
Thanks for the info... Paul

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hey that's my car. I ordered in April, small dealer only allocated car. You will probably get yours before mine. Life sucks sometimes!

·
Registered
729 Posts
I want to order one now, but I don't want to be price gouged, or not be able to get good financing, with all the high demand.

It seems after reading these forums for a few months, that trying to order one now would be a pain in the butt with all the unanswered questions with availability times, and numbers of vehicles produced. I just don't know if I could order one of these now and not receive it for a year without going crazy!! And then, not know exactly if they would be available on a car lot a year from now anyway and pay a lot less for it than I would if I ordered it now.

I want it, but I'm worried if I can trust GM to not screw us!!

- bspate -

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
SlipSlider said:
how can somone just walk into a dealarship and get a car delivered in a month or so?
You go to a dealer who hasn't filled their first four month allocation...hard to come by, but i'm sure they are out there....

Think about it this way...lets say there are 5 dealers in the usa....5,000 total cars available....

Lets say the allocation for each dealer is:

dealer #1 (2,000 cars allocated)
dealer #2 (1,000 cars allocated)
dealer #3 (1,000 cars allocated)
dealer #4 (500 cars allocated)
dealer #5 (500 cars allocated)

Here's the number of people that ordered cars from each dealership:

dealer #1 (6,000 customers wanting the car)
dealer #2 (2,000 customers wanting the car)
dealer #3 (1,600 customers wanting the car)
dealer #4 (1,000 customers wanting the car)
dealer #5 (400 customers wanting the car)

dealers 1,2,3 and 4 have more customers than allocation. Some of those customers have long wait times.

dealer 5 will be able to fill all orders he has. So, even though there are a total of 11,000 orders with only 5,000 cars available, customers can still order a car from dealer #5 and get it faster than going to the other dealers.

make sense?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts