Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am really glad to see that they have a forum for the upcoming Solstice. I have been saving my money and I will have enough money to buy one when they come out.

They are beautiful cars and I love Pontiac!

I just have a few questions:
What 2006 quarter will they be released ?
Is it true you will have to put a pre deposit down to reserve your copy of the car?

Thanks Guys!

Solstice kicks Ass! :smile

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Thanks for reading the FAQ.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
The earliest rumors point to June, but we're not exactly sure what would be in June. Either production, showroom availability, or actual production availability.

The down payment is a dealer thing. They want a down payment pretty much as a good faith that you're going to actually buy it. Because they don't want 30 people getting in line for free, and then 28 of them just back out because they want to. Most places when you put a deposit you can get them to sign you a contract to promise MSRP, or some off of MSRP, or even invoice if you're a good negotiator. Also most places will do the deposit as a refundable deposit, some places though might make it non-refundable. Really depends on the dealer.

·
Registered
275 Posts
In 1978 I had to put up U$1,000 before the dealer would order my Sunbird. They were worried that a coupe that could not be ordered with a/c would be difficult to sell in South Florida.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I hope the FAQ answered all your questions so far! It sounds like you are just as excited as the rest of us. I havem't contacted any dealers yet, since most won't know much. I am waiting for GM to finalize options and to send ording info to dealers Then I will shop dealers to place an order. I am hoping that dealers wil be ready for orders late winter to early spring!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes the FAQ answered most of my questions! So far I think I am mostly caught up on what is going on in the world of Solstice!

I cant wait untill they actually do come out. The only thing is i hope that GM does announce that they will come out with a SS or turbocharged edition of it. Because i really love the extra power, and I would REALLY love the stock extra power.

As soon as GM does announce an actual release date you can count me in to pre-order one!

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Halflifezr2 said:
Yes the FAQ answered most of my questions!
I just noticed that the FAQ sticky didn't have the link to the edmunds.com first drive article of the production prototypes. Only the England test mules. I just added it to the sticky. You might be interested in it too. They do give some added details of what may be standard and what options the Solstice may have. Here is the link if your interested.

http://www.edmunds.com/future/2006/pontiac/solstice/100380124/preview.html

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sweet!

Thanks for the article. Every time i start up my computer i see the solstice on my screen and i cant wait untill they come out. Even though i deffinately will be waiting! :thumbs

1 - 9 of 9 Posts