Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello this is vin #1 Clark signing in for the first time. I met some of you at the Big party, It was huge for me, and all of you were great. See you all around!

·
Registered
600 Posts
Welcome! Congratulations! Sounds like the event was a blast. Can't wait, but will, for mine to get here. Hope you enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
905 Posts
I heard you got offered $100k for your car, is there any truth to that?

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Welcome to the forums! :thumbs:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Our hero #1! Enjoy the ride and please be sure to report in often on your ownership experience. :cool:

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
VINNY #000001 said:
Hello this is vin #1 Clark signing in for the first time. I met some of you at the Big party, It was huge for me, and all of you were great. See you all around!
Hi Clark,

I'm terribly sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it appears there was a mistake and our orders got mixed up. You were supposed to get my car and I was supposed to get yours. Bob feels really bad about the confusion, but let me know when we can meet up to swap out our cars and we'll take care of everything. :lol:

Hahaha! Kidding, of course. Congrats on the car! I know it will probably be a tough decision of whether you keep it or sell it for some crazy price, assuming the rumored values are true ... but let us know what you end up doing. I know I'm very curious to see what kind of offers you get on the car and what you end up selling it for if you go that route.

P.S. A lot of people tend to be critical of those selling their car for a profit on this forum, but I don't think anybody here would fault you if we're talking about a six-figure sale price. I know I would be greatly honored if I got VIN #1, but that would be just way too much money for me to resist cashing in on.

By the way, give us a rundown of how insurance will work for the car if you get a chance. Obviously, it's worth much more than just any Solstice as a collector's item. My dad had to have special "collector's car insurance" for a couple of his cars ... I assume you'll have something like that also? If so, I'm sure we'd all love to hear what your appraisal comes back with (if you don't mind sharing that info).

·
Registered
270 Posts
Hi there Clark!
Welcome to the forum. Congrats on your good fortune and the purchase of a wonderful car. How soon before you actually take delivery?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Congrats, that's awesome. Well, I'm guessing you've gotten plenty of offers but what the heck, let the bidding begin. I don't suppose $60k would be of interest to you?

I'm very curious about your plans, are you going to drive it, sell it, or keep it as a collector?

Let us know when it arrives and what kind of offer you get. Congrats!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
A Star is Born.......and his name is Vinny!

Vinny, glad to hear you were 1st in line! Hope you enjoy the car. Wow.....you are an instant celebrity! Here in So. Cal, I've seen many stars made through movies, tv, music, sports, etc. You have to be the first celebrity I've heard of that became a star through the new Epic American Sports Car.....Solstice! Enjoy the ride (on the road and as a star....)! :cool:

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Welcome!

I'm glad you decided to join Solstice Forum. This is really a great group of folks, and there is a heartfelt sense of camaraderie that I have not seen on other forums.

WOW! That's so cool! Congratulations seems rather inadequate. That's just amazing and wonderful. Normally, my posts are a bit long winded, but all I can think to say right now is, "Wow! Congratulations :cool:"

I definitely look forward to your posts and tales of your adventures in this "got to have it" cool design American roadster.

Be well, and again, welcome.

·
Registered
528 Posts
You have to tell us how the whole situation unfolded with you getting number 1. Did the dealership contact you first or did Pontiac HQ call first. Tell us the story so we can write it into the journals of Solstice history!

·
Registered
50 Posts

Vinny, You'll always be #1 with me

·
2,574 Posts
Congratulations Vinny and welcome. The Avenger is correct you will love this forum. Filled with dedicated people who are loaded with info and a willingness to share it. Hats off for joining immediately after your return from Sol central. Many happy curves in the road and frequent posts here. You are the standardbearer.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Hi Clark! Congrats! I'm interested in hearing the details about how you found out as well. Did you know about the Solstice before Apprentice? When did you find out you were #1? Lots and lots, but I'll wait for your book to come out!!!!! have fun with the car!!! and welcome to the forum!!! How much sleep have you had since you found out? :willy:

1 - 20 of 64 Posts