Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if anyone's seen this, but I found a shot of the new miata in camaflouge. Can't tell too much, but you can kind of get a feel for it, even under all the covers.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,471 Posts
It has already been posted on the Miata release this summer thread.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Thanks for the photo...Its the first I've seen of it..

Miatas a great little sports car! I imagine the new version coming will be the best yet..

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LatinVenom said:
It has already been posted on the Miata release this summer thread.
Sorry. Didn't realize it was a repost. At least I managed to figure out how to post pics here. :smile

·
Registered
18 Posts
New to the forum...

I found this group seeking more information on the Soilstice. I am a little skeptical of Pontiac producing anything worthwhile, based on the past 20 year perfromance of that division of GM. Last week I was able to see the vehicle up close and had the following concerns (all of which have been stated on a thread or two):

1) ground clearance
2) trunk capacity
3) under performance
4) front end that looks like a ding & bug collector
5) safety

Other than that, one can't come away but impressed with the styling.

·
5,600 Posts
I am anxious to see the NC Miata. If I love the looks of the NC then I'll have something else to get excited about besides the Sostice.

From what I've seen though, it looks to be too Japanese styled too me. Not to insult the styling of Japanese cars, but they have distictive features these days and not what I would call classic, proportioned or subtle at all.

By Contrast, when I look at the Solstice I think "Italian design". The Sky doesn't do that for me. I hope the Miata does, but I'm not holding my breath. Then again, if the Miata is ugly to me, then my choice will be easy. Solstice! :yesnod

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
jimbo said:
I am anxious to see the NC Miata. If I love the looks of the NC then I'll have something else to get excited about besides the Sostice.

From what I've seen though, it looks to be too Japanese styled too me. Not to insult the styling of Japanese cars, but they have distictive features these days and not what I would call classic, proportioned or subtle at all.

By Contrast, when I look at the Solstice I think "Italian design". The Sky doesn't do that for me. I hope the Miata does, but I'm not holding my breath. Then again, if the Miata is ugly to me, then my choice will be easy. Solstice! :yesnod
Me too! :agree If they spice the NC up, I might have a dilemma on my hands, but if it looks like that boring straight line soap bar thing, forget it! Hard to tell from this camo shot. Thanks inspector16 for posting it, I hadn't seen it yet.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
AeroDave said:
Me too! :agree If they spice the NC up, I might have a dilemma on my hands, but if it looks like that boring straight line soap bar thing, forget it! Hard to tell from this camo shot. Thanks inspector16 for posting it, I hadn't seen it yet.
Yeah, I agree. I hope it's not "too" japanese, as jimbo mentioned. Although that could be cool in its own way, I definitely would prefer something a bit more romantic in its execution. The car is supposed to be shown at the Geneva Motor Show, which I believe is in March. So I guess we'll have to wait til March to decide if it's a winner (at least styling wise).

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Miata forum says unveiling of pictures to public is March 1st (just before Geneva). Feb 28th to some small group of press or something.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
mceb said:
Miata forum says unveiling of pictures to public is March 1st (just before Geneva). Feb 28th to some small group of press or something.
So Feb 21st they'll all get leaked to the web in otherwords? :D

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
brentil said:
So Feb 21st they'll all get leaked to the web in otherwords? :D
This isn't General Motors were talking about! :lol

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Fformula88 said:
This isn't General Motors were talking about! :lol
Hmmm yeah, you're right. They've been very tight liped so far. Problem is a week before announcement all the press people will have it, and knowing the press someone will drop the ball and leak it out.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Mazda has definately done a much better job keeping the new Miata under wraps. Nobody leaks information like GM. Its a good thing the General is not an ocean vessel!

We could get a leak right before the official unveiling, but getting the information a couple days early is nothing like the leadtime we usually see with GM info.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
AztekzRpurty said:
I just wish the General would leak some more top info.
I agree, it's been to long since we had some Solstice info dropped on us. :D
Maybe some updrated engine information would be nice too. Leaked Solstice GXP images.

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
What do you mean? I thought they upped the horsepower (or hinted at C&G or GMI or something) that the HP is now 177 instead of 170.

That's another hint. not much, but it's something.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
solsticeman said:
What do you mean? I thought they upped the horsepower (or hinted at C&G or GMI or something) that the HP is now 177 instead of 170.

That's another hint. not much, but it's something.
True, but I meant something more then 4% increase :D I am glad they were able to get closer to 180 with the engine though. I really can't wait to see what some basic bolt ons like intake, exhaust, high flow cat can do for this car. I'm betting it could easily make it close to 190HP. That is of course unless that's how they got 177 HP was by putting those types of upgrades on the car already. It is Pontiac, they are supposed to be the performance brand, right?

Sorry, what I was really refering to was to whatever they'll be releasing later on as the Turbo/Super/v-6/i-6 upgrade option (the Solstice GXP in essence I guess).

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
MAN, you want the moon with a string around it, don'tcha? :jester

The car's not even available yet - ASSUMING there is some sort of GXP, GM would be dumb to say anything about it if they have doubts about potential "marketing weaknesses" on the base. You don't want a bunch of people "waiting" for the next version when you don't even have the current version for sale...

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
I wonder if we won’t be getting some sort of info on the Sky out of Car and Driver next month. Pure speculation, but I found it interesting that they had no specific information at all in this months issue (March 2005) and yet had all kinds of info on the Aura and other Detroit intos. Motor Trend had a bit on the car, so GM certainly handed it out to the media. Maybe they decided to hold off and prep a more in depth article. Maybe that will answer some of our Kappa questions next month! Or, I’ll just be disappointed.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
solsticeman said:
MAN, you want the moon with a string around it, don'tcha? :jester

The car's not even available yet - ASSUMING there is some sort of GXP, GM would be dumb to say anything about it if they have doubts about potential "marketing weaknesses" on the base. You don't want a bunch of people "waiting" for the next version when you don't even have the current version for sale...
hehehe yeah.

I was just joking though. The only thing I really want, is pretty much what everyone else is waiting for. Final options and some official info about the roof and other aspects of the Solstice that's supposed to be coming soon.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts