Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all know this is a brand new model according to consumers reports they say never buy the car till the second year do you think pontiac is doing everthing possible to make this right the first time.This car is image builder for pontiac and gm.Personaly I cant wait another year I want it now.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
dave clancy said:
We all know this is a brand new model according to consumers reports they say never buy the car till the second year do you think pontiac is doing everthing possible to make this right the first time.This car is image builder for pontiac and gm.Personaly I cant wait another year I want it now.
Pontiac has been bending over backwards to try and catch all potential problems and trouble spots with this car. That still does not mean things won't turn up. No amount of testing can catch everything that actual buyers will encounter.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good point. I am wondering if gm has any hi mileage soltices to test the Reliability of the components and sqeeks and rattles that comes with age

·
2,574 Posts
dave clancy said:
Good point. I am wondering if gm has any hi mileage soltices to test the Reliability of the components and sqeeks and rattles that comes with age
I keep referring to an experience earlier in the summer, because it left some impressions and that was one of the ride & drives. So, for what it's worth one tech staff member that I spent an hour with seemed very familiar with the "mules". He mentioned 2 1/2 years with the "program". I don't know exactly what that means but it sounded like he lived with the cars for a long time. I'll bet they shake 'em out pretty good. They all threw them around like there was no tomorrow that day and ask anyone who attended the r & d's those guys drove 'em like they wanted to break the wheels off.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I bet they have plenty of miles (Hard miles) on quite a few cars by now. Soon we'll be reading a report from some magazine about all the long term problems/no-problems with the Solstice.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Bought an '04 Malibu Maxx for a daily commuter...1st year car no troubles yet. I guess I don't worry about it...don't think it's that big a deal anymore.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts