Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2007 GXP 5spd
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am an old member who has returned to the flock. I was a member back when this forum started. I bought my 07 SOLGXP in Nov 2006. It is "Mean" in color and of course it is a manual. It now has a little over 57k miles on it and has never given me any problems. The original battery lasted me 7.5 years. I am a Pontiac guy and a car collector/restorer. I currently own a '67 GTO. I show these two Pontiacs side-by-side at local car shows and it causes quite a stir. My wife and I live in Vail, AZ which is about 25 miles southeast of Tucson. Even though I have owned this car for 14 years it never ceases to put a smile on my face every time I turn the key. It is good to be back in the community.
Tire Wheel Car Automotive parking light Vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Automotive parking light Vehicle

·
Premium Member
848 Posts
Welcome back... nice Pontiac twins!

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
Welcome back, very cool cars. :cool:

What rims do you have on the solstice? They look very nice.
I'm thinking those are from the old forum vendor Kappasphere's. Gravana J2 wheels (also known as Monarch 410). They were a staggered fitment available in 18 & 19 diameters.
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
2008 Solstice, 2.4L 5 Speed, Dark Gray with a good looking dude behind the wheel. (My Son)
226 Posts
Nice rides!

Rams

·
Registered
2007 GXP 5spd
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What rims do you have on the solstice? They look very nice.
Those rims are Drag DR19 Extreme Alloy 18x7.5. The other additions I made to SOLGXP was a Kappasphere luggage rack (version II) and an acrylic wind deflector with GXP graphic and amber light kit by WindRestrictor. An interesting aside, my factory wheels sold in less then an hour on Ebay, bought by a guy in San Francisco.

·
Registered
69 Posts
OK Rando, Randy here. When you take those Pontiacs out for highway exercise, drive over to The Presidio Museum in Tubac, AZ and check out the oldest printing press in the state of Arizona that I worked on and helped to refurbish. It's a nice little trip. And on the way back you can buy home-made Tamales by the side of the road. :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am an old member who has returned to the flock. I was a member back when this forum started. I bought my 07 SOLGXP in Nov 2006. It is "Mean" in color and of course it is a manual. It now has a little over 57k miles on it and has never given me any problems. The original battery lasted me 7.5 years. I am a Pontiac guy and a car collector/restorer. I currently own a '67 GTO. I show these two Pontiacs side-by-side at local car shows and it causes quite a stir. My wife and I live in Vail, AZ which is about 25 miles southeast of Tucson. Even though I have owned this car for 14 years it never ceases to put a smile on my face every time I turn the key. It is good to be back in the community. View attachment 117644
View attachment 117644
Welcome back!

·
Premium Member
17,550 Posts
Welcome. Nice to see you still loving your cars. My first car was a 68 GTO bought new when I came back from a government all expenses paid trip to south east asia. Figured I earned it LOL

My Sol is everything the 68 wanted to be but more in my experience. That V8 sound just is wonderful.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Love your 67 GTO! My first car was a very used 67 LeMans, looked similar without the “oomph”. Think it had a 326, with 4-on-the-floor Hurst shifter. Always wished I still had it..

·
Registered
55 Posts
OK Rando, Randy here. When you take those Pontiacs out for highway exercise, drive over to The Presidio Museum in Tubac, AZ and check out the oldest printing press in the state of Arizona that I worked on and helped to refurbish. It's a nice little trip. And on the way back you can buy home-made Tamales by the side of the road. :)
Randy, you might have gotten a kick out of the movie Seven Pounds, where in one scene Will Smith's character gets an old Heidelberg Windmill up and running after it was out of service.

·
Registered
69 Posts
QUOTE = Randy, you might have gotten a kick out of the movie Seven Pounds, where in one scene Will Smith's character gets an old Heidelberg Windmill up and running after it was out of service. = QUOTE

OK Hal-on-wheels "HellOnWheels" is one of my passwords :)

I kind-of owe my entire career to an old Heidelberg Windmill letterpress. I was in the Army in Germany. One of the places we went TDY to was an ammo-dump, where in one of the magazines (bunkers) was an old Heidelberg Windmill. Me and another guy would goof around with it when we had nothing better to do.
I got out and went back to Arizona and decided I wanted to work inside instead if the blazing heat. I took up Graphic Arts - Advertising Art - Printing.
I became a Process Photographer, Photoengraver, Offset Pressman. The best paying jobs were on the press. I went from small press, to flat sheets 4 color, to newspapers, and eventually a Plate Printer. (currency) at Treasury... in Fort Worth.

I have told a few people that maybe it was because of goofing with that old Heidelberg that I did pretty good. THANKS

1 - 17 of 17 Posts