Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.....
I feel like it's the first day of school around here...I don't know anyone here (yet). I hope you all don't hate me for jumping on the bandwagon so late in the game...but I just placed an order last week (end of October). My dealer really isn't giving me an idea of when to expect delivery. He isn't even sure I will get a vehicle in 2006????.....I was hoping more "newbies" would stop by and let me know what their salesmen are telling them (if anything). Thanks so much!! :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Well, I ordered mine in April and don't know if I'll get one in 2006 either. :leaving:

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Much like in school, I cheated.
I called around to dealers trying to find a specific color and package from someone that may have bailed on their order. Never having luck before, I was surprised to get a call from a dealer with an exact match.
The car will be in sometime in the next 2 weeks. Feels like cutting in line on the playground. Many people have been waiting forever and I pull up and snag one.
Lesson learned here: Don't go with what they tell you at the dealer. Ask questions. There may be one somewhere for you. How far are you willing to drive? This car for me is 4 hours away. So what? At least I can have one NOW!

·
Registered
191 Posts
I ordered last week as well. However I am guaranteed spot #2 of 3 in my dealers 2nd four month allocation. The car is scheduled to be built in December and hopefully I will see her in January, but I was told no later than March.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Willing to drive to pick one up????? I'd pretty much go anywhere to get this car....I have 2nd dibs on a car coming in soon that was a cancelled order....I am praying the customer who wants to look at it first opts to wait for his ordered car instead......I am hoping Karma plays into that whole scenario. As far as looking around elsewhere, I have contacted more than a dozen dealers around and it seems that more and more of them have taken a different route by not taking customer orders at all. They are getting their fully loaded Solstices in and selling them for $30,500 - $31,400. More power to them...but so much for the under $20,000 roadster :( I think I might take up yoga or meditation to get me thru this (sigh). :(

·
Registered
40 Posts
jerzkid said:
I ordered last week as well. However I am guaranteed spot #2 of 3 in my dealers 2nd four month allocation. The car is scheduled to be built in December and hopefully I will see her in January, but I was told no later than March.
Perfect, a guarantee from the dealer. There can't be anything better than that.

·
Registered
76 Posts
lovnlife said:
Willing to drive to pick one up????? I'd pretty much go anywhere to get this car....:(
Here in Central Florida there is a dealer that still has two of his first allocation available. One has been ordered, Black with black leather. The other has not been ordered (I think). I don't know what the time frame is for him to get the ordered one in, or to place the last order of his first allocation.
The dealer is not charging over MSRP. If your interested PM and I will give details.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts