Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP 2.0l Auto
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I’m a new member with a new (to me) 2007 Solstice GXP, color “Deep” – gotta love those marketing guys with color names. I have been on the hunt for a fun car for quite sometime but could never pull the trigger, finally in December I got the bug and landed on getting a Kappa! I remembered driving a prototype Solstice before I retired from GM and loved it then, why not now? I Searched around and couldn’t put together a deal with any that were not close by, there were none close to me here in Myrtle Beach! Then, in the beginning of February, just as I was about to give-up, behold, one came up for sale here and I bought it the next day.

I’ve only had it out once since buying it, (the rain here has been awful), but every time I step into the garage a smile emerges on my face! It will be going to our place in western North Carolina for the summer and I can’t wait to drive it on the mountain roads and I certainly plan to hit the “Tail of the Dragon”!

The forum has been a great source of information throughout the process and I thank all of you for the postings.
I hope to see some of you down the road!

Sparty Deep

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
Beautiful GXP - Welcome to the club and hello from No. Cal! :cool:

·
Registered
2006 Cool Silver NA 2008 Pure White NA
307 Posts
Very nice! Welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
I just love the lines of this car from the sunlight. But at this angle, it also shows the mega wheel gaps! Are those stock tire size or smaller tires?
Stock rims and tires... I have speed 'tables' on my street and my driveway is a little steep.

·
Registered
5,594 Posts
Welcome. I just want to point out that the smile you have when you walk out into the garage? Yeah, well it keeps coming back!

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
Welcome.....Looks like you might still have the original tires...If so, time for a change. Don't put the same ones back on, they're awful! Especially if you got caught in the rain going to the "tail of the dragon".

Reactions: WickedMike

·
Registered
2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP 2.0l Auto
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Love the color.
Go Blue :)
Ouch! Sparty is a bit "blue" after a poor football season (with the exception of one rivalry game!) and a mostly poor basketball season. But, hey, we beat OSU last night, can we agree to beat-up on Buckeyes instead of each other?

Rain has mostly stopped here in Myrtle Beach, been on two short joy rides, they were, in fact. "a joy"!

·
Premium Member
2007 Sol NA (work in progress)
98 Posts
Ouch! Sparty is a bit "blue" after a poor football season (with the exception of one rivalry game!) and a mostly poor basketball season. But, hey, we beat OSU last night, can we agree to beat-up on Buckeyes instead of each other?
Absolutely! Anyone who beats the Buckeyes is welcome to a free cup of coffee if they come down to the Rocket City! Go BAMA!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Pardon my delay in response. As you can tell, I do not check in the Forum daily...

Welcome to the Forum! I purchased the same ride 11 months ahead of you and have had only Good Times to show for it. I can't wait for the 'top down days' that are ahead of us this late spring. Nothing like pushing through the gears behind 260 horses taking a cruise through Hoosier National Forest...

Enjoy the ride!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts