Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

New Owner and New Member

2K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  G-TimesRoll 
#1 ·
OK, I’m a new member with a new (to me) 2007 Solstice GXP, color “Deep” – gotta love those marketing guys with color names. I have been on the hunt for a fun car for quite sometime but could never pull the trigger, finally in December I got the bug and landed on getting a Kappa! I remembered driving a prototype Solstice before I retired from GM and loved it then, why not now? I Searched around and couldn’t put together a deal with any that were not close by, there were none close to me here in Myrtle Beach! Then, in the beginning of February, just as I was about to give-up, behold, one came up for sale here and I bought it the next day.

I’ve only had it out once since buying it, (the rain here has been awful), but every time I step into the garage a smile emerges on my face! It will be going to our place in western North Carolina for the summer and I can’t wait to drive it on the mountain roads and I certainly plan to hit the “Tail of the Dragon”!

The forum has been a great source of information throughout the process and I thank all of you for the postings.
I hope to see some of you down the road!

Sparty Deep

See less See more
#6 ·
Beautiful GXP - Welcome to the club and hello from No. Cal! :cool:

#13 ·
Welcome.....Looks like you might still have the original tires...If so, time for a change. Don't put the same ones back on, they're awful! Especially if you got caught in the rain going to the "tail of the dragon".

Reactions: WickedMike
#15 ·
Ouch! Sparty is a bit "blue" after a poor football season (with the exception of one rivalry game!) and a mostly poor basketball season. But, hey, we beat OSU last night, can we agree to beat-up on Buckeyes instead of each other?

Rain has mostly stopped here in Myrtle Beach, been on two short joy rides, they were, in fact. "a joy"!

#17 ·
Pardon my delay in response. As you can tell, I do not check in the Forum daily...

Welcome to the Forum! I purchased the same ride 11 months ahead of you and have had only Good Times to show for it. I can't wait for the 'top down days' that are ahead of us this late spring. Nothing like pushing through the gears behind 260 horses taking a cruise through Hoosier National Forest...

Enjoy the ride!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.