Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been driving my new Solstice (#229) now for about a week. I could not be more pleased with the vehicle!

Yes, it clunks a little when I shift at low RPM's and the drive train is not warmed up. Seems to me it must be influenced by thermal expansion of the drive train elements or changes in lube viscosity with temp. In any case it pretty much goes away after warm up.

Yes, I have some wrinkles in the top buttress .

Both issues seem minor to me.

still breaking the car in so have not wound it up past 4000 RPM , but seems to pull nicely to that engine speed.

I have a couple of questions.

1. My front latch seems to strike the plastic molding covering the windshield frame. Seems like the molding is a little low but there does not appear to be any adjustment. I typically pull down on the top while pushing up on the molding to secure the latch. Does anyone else have this problem or know of a solution?

2. I would really like to access Pontiac tech service info. Does anyone know if there is a site where tech bulletins are published. If not, perhaps Solstice Forum could establish a sub forum to maintain this info.

I have really appreciated some of the tech comments published here. It's a great site for sharing information.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
GMI said:
2. I would really like to access Pontiac tech service info. Does anyone know if there is a site where tech bulletins are published. If not, perhaps Solstice Forum could establish a sub forum to maintain this info.
I know when i had my last pontiac you could go to the pontiac website and they had a place you could sign up as an owner and they would send you info if there was a service bulletin on your car. I don't know if you still can or not but go check it out... I know cheverolet has one..

·
Premium Member
10,475 Posts
Could your latch be bend as has been reported by some members, that after opening the latch they put it in the close position and close the trunk, this procedure seems to damage the latch.

·
Sol Driving Member
2,597 Posts
GMI said:
Check the Pontiac Owner's website at: https://www.mygmlink.com/main/US/en/pontiac/home?cmp=pontiachp

• Digital owner's manual, warranty & more
• Recall notices for your specific vehicle
• E-mail service reminders
• Online service & maintenance records
• Exclusive privileges & offers
• Handheld companion (PDA) application
• OnStar & GM Cardmember Services Earnings summaries

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
I bent my top larch mounting the first time I put my top down. The latch for the top will catch on the trunk latch if you do not leave the top latch in the open position when you put down the top. Take your car back to the dealer. My fix was completed in a few minutes and has never happened again. Once fixed it will be okay unless you stow the top latch in the closed position when you close the top. Good luck

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Went for a long drive today. No wind noise, plenty of power, no clunking. Slight leak were top meets window passenger side, but dealer put top up with windows up, heard this was a no no. So now that the rain stopped we'll take the top down and put it back up to see if this takes care of it. the small leak.

Love the car !!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts