Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I just got myself a 2006 Solstice! :) The guy that sold me the car replaced the stereo with a modern touch screen thingy but gave me the original if anyone is looking for one. Also I really need the front driver side window switch bezel , the grey plastic that goes around the window switch. Oh and I need the rear view mirror too, the one the previous owner installed won't accept the power cable for the lights so currently I have no interior lights gurrr. If someone, by some miracle has either of these please lmk. Would gladly swap the stereo for these. 馃馃槑馃

Cheers lads!

Registered
132 views, nobody says hello.

Congratulations on the car, I don't have the parts you need, but I'd like to see a photo of your Solstice.

Premium Member
You should post if it's a standard set up or an optional 6 disc CD this might help in your quest

Premium Member
Do you have OnStar? Even the mirrors are different in the cars depending upon options. And like Sting mentioned, the model of the radio helps...Monsoon system in car (sub behind the passenger seat), 6-CD, etc. Might be able to help on the mirror. The little bezel requires pretty much throwing away an entire car, or door panel, to get one. The switch replacement is easy.

Richard Snipes

Registered
Welcome to the forum. A lot of the views that the good member pointed out would have been bots and not actual views.

I hope you are able to find what you are looking for

Reactions: ChrisBlair

Registered
Welcome to the forum. A lot of the views that the good member pointed out would have been bots and not actual views.

I hope you are able to find what you are looking for

That member knows how the inerebz works lol 馃憤

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Ha ha no bother I posted it late. Yea I've been finding it really hard to track down that little bit of plastic, pain in the arse! Pictures of the car and stereo below. The stereo model number is: 15886048 (I think, it's hard to read). Cheers!

Registered
Gorgeous color. I wanted a Deep Solstice GXP when I bought my Cool GXP in 2008. Couldn't find one, until I found one on the lot of Damon Pontiac Abington MA in 2008. Except they had closed the week before, and all the inventory was being moved to other dealers. The same car was on the lot at Ricky Smith Pontiac in Weymouth MA a week later...but they couldn't sell it to me, it had been sold already. I had my choice of Cool or Aggressive. I and whoever bought the red one got sweetheart deals that Memorial Day weekend. They sold both the same weekend and I never saw another one at the dealership right until the end.

I think Envious and Deep are the two colors the car looks best in. Invest in something to protect the mirrors, front fascia, and sides of the car from road rash; the primer is probably bright white to make that dark blue pop. If you don't have splash guards, consider it. The factory ones decrease the rock chipping on the sides a lot and they are fairly un-noticeable.

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
Gorgeous color. I wanted a Deep Solstice GXP when I bought my Cool GXP in 2008. Couldn't find one, until I found one on the lot of Damon Pontiac Abington MA in 2008. Except they had closed the week before, and all the inventory was being moved to other dealers. The same car was on the lot at Ricky Smith Pontiac in Weymouth MA a week later...but they couldn't sell it to me, it had been sold already. I had my choice of Cool or Aggressive. I and whoever bought the red one got sweetheart deals that Memorial Day weekend. They sold both the same weekend and I never saw another one at the dealership right until the end.

I think Envious and Deep are the two colors the car looks best in. Invest in something to protect the mirrors, front fascia, and sides of the car from road rash; the primer is probably bright white to make that dark blue pop. If you don't have splash guards, consider it. The factory ones decrease the rock chipping on the sides a lot and they are fairly un-noticeable.
Yea I do like this color and the previous owner kept it in good shape. Though, I'm thinking of having it wrapped in matte black. We'll see. Luckily the previous owner also had the car cover too, so I've been using that which is great. Especially in bloody California with that unforgiving sun!

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
Hey lads so the check engine light has come on twice now and is spewing out a load of different, seemingly unrelated codes. For example something to do with cooler fan 1 and 2 and camshaft. But my mechanic can't seem to find anything actually wrong with the car and it's driving perfectly. It's not overheating and there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the camshaft. He says I need to take it to a dealer 'cause there's nothing he can do.

Anyone heard of this or have any ideas? Or if you could point me in the right direction that'd be great! Cheers! :)

Super Moderator
"Something to do with..." isn't enough information. Post a list of the actual code numbers and someone might be able to give you some direction.

Registered
Hey all, I just got myself a 2006 Solstice! :) The guy that sold me the car replaced the stereo with a modern touch screen thingy but gave me the original if anyone is looking for one. Also I really need the front driver side window switch bezel , the grey plastic that goes around the window switch. Oh and I need the rear view mirror too, the one the previous owner installed won't accept the power cable for the lights so currently I have no interior lights gurrr. If someone, by some miracle has either of these please lmk. Would gladly swap the stereo for these. 馃馃槑馃

Cheers lads!
How much are you asking for the radio? Might grab one as a spare.

Registered
2007 Pontiac Solestice

Cheers lads!
I could use the stereo, mine died :(

Premium Member
Hey lads so the check engine light has come on twice now and is spewing out a load of different, seemingly unrelated codes. For example something to do with cooler fan 1 and 2 and camshaft. But my mechanic can't seem to find anything actually wrong with the car and it's driving perfectly. It's not overheating and there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the camshaft. He says I need to take it to a dealer 'cause there's nothing he can do.

Anyone heard of this or have any ideas? Or if you could point me in the right direction that'd be great! Cheers! :)
Try disconnecting the negative side of the battery for a few minutes and let the systems reset themselves . As crazy as this sounds I've had a CEL on my car come up a couple of times,read it with my code reader , both times different codes that made no sense to me as I maintain my car religiously . Did the battery procedure and the codes never came back and the car runs with absolutely no issues .

Registered
Discussion Starter #19
Try disconnecting the negative side of the battery for a few minutes and let the systems reset themselves . As crazy as this sounds I've had a CEL on my car come up a couple of times,read it with my code reader , both times different codes that made no sense to me as I maintain my car religiously . Did the battery procedure and the codes never came back and the car runs with absolutely no issues .
Oh damn really? I'll have to give that a try in that case. Yea it's very add. If I have to take it to a dealer which dealer do I take it to seeing as how there is no Pontiac anymore. 馃

1 - 20 of 27 Posts