Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got delivery of my 2008 Solstice GXP Brazen (Inferno Orange Metallic). It was a snowy day and I did not like that it got salted but I pulled it right in the garage and washed it all down and it is stored until better weather comes back to WI. The car has about 95K miles but is in very good condition and I plan to drive it! My biggest problem with the car is the front license plate holder that they riveted through the front fascia, can't really remove it without damage being visible! I am not super knowledgeable about the car but I have been interested in the Solstice for a few years and the time was right. I hope to pick up the details on this forum.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Congrat's!!!! and welcome, Love the color, but I am a little biased

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Brazen is the best color!

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
Where in WI are you? I'm in the Green Bay area. It looks like you have more snow than we do.

·
Premium Member
2007 Sol NA (work in progress)
157 Posts
Welcome! I think we all are a little biased to whatever color we have!! All I can say is, tell me again which color the dealers sold the most of...........

·
Registered
190 Posts
Just got delivery of my 2008 Solstice GXP Brazen (Inferno Orange Metallic). It was a snowy day and I did not like that it got salted but I pulled it right in the garage and washed it all down and it is stored until better weather comes back to WI. The car has about 95K miles but is in very good condition and I plan to drive it! My biggest problem with the car is the front license plate holder that they riveted through the front fascia, can't really remove it without damage being visible! I am not super knowledgeable about the car but I have been interested in the Solstice for a few years and the time was right. I hope to pick up the details on this forum.
View attachment 110888
welcome from Calgary,Canada.nice car,enjoy
i have a sky in white.i cruise this forum and the sky forum.

·
Registered
2006 Cool Silver NA 2008 Pure White NA
330 Posts
Welcome to ownership of a really cool car!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
welcome from Calgary,Canada.nice car,enjoy
i have a sky in white.i cruise this forum and the sky forum. View attachment 110925
I live on a "rustic road" that gets a lot of touring traffic and I met a Sky when I was leaving my house this past summer. I think that is the only time I have ever seen one in the "wild". I am guessing they are even more rare than the Solstice? I'm typically not a fan of white cars but I saw this shot of yours while looking through the forum and it is a sharp car! It looks like you have a collection of Sol's and Sky's or some friends that like to hang out?

·
Super Moderator
8,182 Posts
I live on a "rustic road" that gets a lot of touring traffic and I met a Sky when I was leaving my house this past summer. I think that is the only time I have ever seen one in the "wild". I am guessing they are even more rare than the Solstice? .....
Welcome.

There were roughly 66k Solstices and 33k Skys built, so the Sky is significantly more rare. The really odd thing is to show up for a gathering of the cars and find twice as many Skys there.

·
Registered
235 Posts
IIRC there are about the same amount of GXP and Redlines though. But most people can't tell the difference to the NA kind.
Welcome to the forum. Brazen is fine. But we all know Cool Silver is the classic one that harkens back to the beautiful Speedsters era. ;)

·
Registered
190 Posts
I live on a "rustic road" that gets a lot of touring traffic and I met a Sky when I was leaving my house this past summer. I think that is the only time I have ever seen one in the "wild". I am guessing they are even more rare than the Solstice? I'm typically not a fan of white cars but I saw this shot of yours while looking through the forum and it is a sharp car! It looks like you have a collection of Sol's and Sky's or some friends that like to hang out?
this was may 2019 at our car club's(western canada kappa club)dyno days at westers garage in tilley,alberta canada.

·
Registered
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP
66 Posts
Welcome from Milwaukee Wi. I had to remove rivets too. Drill them out (this hurts to do) and you can use a plastic filler. Automotivetouchup.com can send you a color matched phial and brush to cover up your filler. Over full the holes just a little so you have something to sand back. Good luck.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
View attachment 110888
Welcome ! I have the exact same car, 2008 GXP 5 speed, Brazen (aka Inferno Orange Metallic) with black top. Bought it new in 2008 while living in Appleton WI. Had a 2nd set of 4 wheels with racing winter tires mounted on them. The car was a blast in snow - but kept it out of salt. When moved to Milwaukee got rid of the winter tires. No fun snow places there. Now living in Indiana so am able to drive a lot more. But still only 23k on It. I got rid of the front license plate by drilling out the rivets from the front. Used body filler on the two holes. Got Inferno Orange Metallic paint, Pontiac code 28/WA502Q from Touch Up Direct. Also get their Clearcoat to put on top. Have fun.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts