Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings. I just bought a '08 a couple weeks ago, and am adding bling. Just ordered a WR, V2, smoked w/etching (no lighting). Am thinking, "black car, smoked shield, maybe ok". Couple questions, if I may.

Car has an OnStar antenna, (maybe they all do, I really never noticed), along with the regular antenna, plus a RKSport spoiler on the back. I'm wanting a car cover, (garage kept), but am concerned about fitment. Any suggestions?

Let me apologize ahead of time on this one, I understand, and respect, the support we own the supporting venders here, so if this in in poor taste, please ignore this question. When I first bought the car, I was web surfing accessories, and found small dash plates that fit over the seat belt warning light. Now, I can't seem to find them. Any ideas where that might have been?

Thanks
Mack

·
Registered
85 Posts

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
Welcome BlackSol (I was going to abbreviate it, but that makes it "BS" lol) I don't cover our Sol but am considering it this winter. Try the "google custom search" in the upper left corner of the screen. (It works better than the standard forum search next to it.)

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
Welcome! There's a lot of knowledge here...so read lots! If you want to spend $500+ on a cover, I can get you the name of the vendor my old boss uses. He has 30+ cars and each one has it's own custom car cover with the year, make and model embroidered on the cover.... So if you want a truly custom cover, let me know! ;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome! There's a lot of knowledge here...so read lots! If you want to spend $500+ on a cover, I can get you the name of the vendor my old boss uses. He has 30+ cars and each one has it's own custom car cover with the year, make and model embroidered on the cover.... So if you want a truly custom cover, let me know! ;)
$500+ for a cover? Thanks, but I honestly don't want ont that bad. :)

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
$500+ for a cover? Thanks, but I honestly don't want ont that bad. :)
LOL....You have to understand, this was a collector....and I was just throwing it out there as some on here might want that! In his collection was a true 427 Cobra, a '68 Cobra Jet Mustang (all original that he actually drag races every weekend!), 3 Ford GT's (2 newer, 1 vintage), a ZR1 with 0 miles....things of that nature. Each cover he had made with a microfiber backing and nylon shell, then the embroidering is done on the side so he knows what car is where....

But I agree, $500+ is a bit pricey!! LMAO! I'm good with the AutoZone $75!!! LOL....

·
Super Moderator
16,601 Posts
Welcome to our little conclave of nuts and motor heads. As they say, boats are a hole in the water into which you pour money and Solstices are machines designed to suck money out of your wallet.

I choose to not cover my cars because my experience is that if you really need a cover, then it invariably gets dirt under it and grinds the paint in the wind. If you store the cars inside as I do, then they can collect dust on high wind days but I am better off washing them or using detail spray to remove the dust.

But to each his own. I do use covers on cars that I do not particularly like.

Have fun and know that these cars will keep your fun meter pegged.

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
Well I'm a newbie here also. In Sept 2012 I bought a 2006 red Solstice with very few miles on it. I will be trailering it to Flagstaff and then to Cal to see my son before driving back home to Vancouver, WA. Can someone suggest where to buy a good car cover, but NOT for $500 bucks?

·
Super Moderator
16,601 Posts
Well I'm a newbie here also. In Sept 2012 I bought a 2006 red Solstice with very few miles on it. I will be trailering it to Flagstaff and then to Cal to see my son before driving back home to Vancouver, WA. Can someone suggest where to buy a good car cover, but NOT for $500 bucks?
My wife and I were born and raised in Vancouver. Hudson's Bay Eagle.

See you at Flagstaff. Look for the RED car.:willy:

Personally I would not trailer a car with the cover installed.

You can buy a "good" cover for ~$200 at a good auto parts store or check Amazon. They have a lot of options and great customer service.

I have been looking at various covers for use when parked.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Welcome! Interested to see the smoked WR as I almost went that direction, but decided against it because my back window is tinted 5% and I leave the WR in permanently. I have a Covercraft Weathershield HP cover custom cut for the Solstice which I have been thinking about selling if you are interested, never used.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts