Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very recently bought a 07 GXP with very low Milage . Few questions,runs great. Has a noise on startup for about one minute then a chirp and it goes away. Also this has a KN turbo cold air intake and a magnaflow exhaust installed by previous owner. Really pulls great, I never drove a Turbo Solstice before just a 2.4 . Has a chirp noise from engine when shifting ,no not from the wheels . I have been told that it is the waste gate because I have the cold air intake and if I had the full old air cleaner it wouldn't be as noticeable. Any feedback?

·
Premium Member
17,526 Posts
The cold air intake allows you to hear the sounds you describe the factory air box muffles them if you don't like the noise, you can go back to the stock air cleaner and it will be much more quiet

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks, that sounds like what I have been told. What about that noise upon startup that goes away after about a minute. The noise when powering up is no problem as this ride pulls great when the turbo is engaged. I guess it gives me another 15 HP when I run it though the gears. The previous owner never kept the old parts which is unfortunate .This car was built in May of 07 and has only 9000 on it and is spotless

·
Premium Member
17,526 Posts
The noise at startup is the car calibrating. It changes the intake to determine air temperature, humidity etc. It goes away after a few seconds or if you blip the throttle.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
:agree: Yeah - it'll go away when the warmer weather comes. Mine is frightening on a cold-day startup.

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
Is it a chirp or clatter? If it's a clatter, its the HPFP - High Pressure Fuel Pump. It should go from a clatter to a <tick>.....<tick>.....<tick> like a clock. Which CAI do you have? I have a Fujita and you can literally hear the air turbulence in it for the first 2 minutes but I don't get any chirping... As far as the 15HP goes....is your car tuned? If it has the original OE tune from the factory, it will automatically re-learn down to the factory parameters. So anything that is done with the factory tune is for looks only until your tuned.

Reactions: easyryderca
1 - 10 of 10 Posts