Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my 2006 Solstice, I have wanted this car since it came out but at the time needed a car I was able to drive in winter. Fast forward I finaly got her, red with only 12701 miles. Now I sit with her in my garage waiting for this snow to stop flying. I live near toronto and normaly we are just finished with this stuff by now. Love your forums. Take care

P.s How do you post photos

·
Registered
5,426 Posts
Welcome San - we recently had another "northern neighbor" that bought a Solstice. He mentioned how you can make winter drag on forever - just put a Solstice in your garage!

To post pics you have to use a photo sharing site like photobucket.com. You then copy the [img....] code for the picture and past it into your post.

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,472 Posts
Click on the code on the right side of the page where the pic is hosted and paste it into your message window.

[IMG]http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a494/Sanguinius9/7eded29e04e8aba3a6ac6041990935dex_zpsaaa41800.jpg

Obviously, your new wheels have the correct color . . . what's that white stuff on the car?

Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Welcome to the party!!!! You are right. This winter is dragging on way too long in the GTA!!!! Check out the sub forum SSOOO (Solstice Sky Owners of Ontario) here and see what we have done and what we will be doing. Come join us!!!:thumbs:

·
Registered
311 Posts
welcome and nice color im also waiting for old man winter to leave.

·
Registered
5,426 Posts
snow on a solstice . . .

Then again, Canada doesn't typically use salt on the roads, right?

(grew up in Sault Ste. Marie on the Michigan side.)

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
snow on a solstice . . .

Then again, Canada doesn't typically use salt on the roads, right?

(grew up in Sault Ste. Marie on the Michigan side.)
Wrong.:devil: Lot's of salt is used. Right now it is dry and you can see big chunks of salt on the roads. Will take a good rain then no more snow to get the "Sol Season" rolling!!!!!:thumbs:

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Yeah I'm not far from Northern Sol and the roads here are white with salt. I'll be waiting a while yet before I get her majesty out of the garage. :yesnod:

·
Registered
564 Posts
:banghead:--probably another month before I wake up our's
:mad:--another 10-20 cm(4-8 inches) of that "stuff" expected here tonight

:nonod:

·
Registered
5,426 Posts
Wifey couldn't wait. Ours took a run on some twistys nearby and into town for lunch. Weather has been good for several days so the pavement has been clean and dry. Temp was 25 this morning so the dirt road we live on was frozen - no mud flinging. Minimal dirt upon our return.

And yes, it's driving me bats so I'll be going out to turn on the heater in the garage and wash it soon!

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,472 Posts
28°F outside and bright sun, expecting snow tomorrow, so took him out of his comfy spot in the garage for about 25 miles of exercise and getting everything up to operating temperature. There are others out there with the itch too, saw a Z4 and a Miata.

Now back inside for at least another 2 weeks while we take a little trip in the truck.

Later! :willy:

·
Registered
6,934 Posts
Eastern Canada is where we keep all our federal politicians - freezing in the dark half the year. ;)

Cars from that area tend to get lower annual mileages than here on the west (sometimes 'wet') coast where we tend to drive them all year round (King-oka lives in the interior of BC where it gets cold in winter and while he could drive it all year, it wouldn't be any fun in winter, so why bother?)

Welcome to the select group of Kanadian Kappa owners!

·
Registered
229 Posts
:banghead:--probably another month before I wake up our's
:mad:--another 10-20 cm(4-8 inches) of that "stuff" expected here tonight

:nonod:
I am so sooooo sick of winter. We're getting tired of cleaning the runways in Winnipeg, god ol mighty bring the dam heat baby.... bring iiiiiiit !

1 - 20 of 23 Posts