Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, new Solstice owner, but not new Pontiac owner as the wife owns a 2004 GTO and we've owned 11 other Pontiac's, including 3 Fiero Notch's and 1 GT, 4 G/A GT's and 3 Firebirds, so I'm not totally lost when it comes to Pontiacs.

First this site is awesome, it helped me tremendously as I did my first mod on the Solstice. I bought an 07 ZOK (?) model last Friday night, bare bones, auto, air.
Today I swapped the steering wheel(basic no buttons) for a cruise/radio button leather model (10 minutes max swap time !!!). It all went as planned, radio works, cruise does not.
NOW, bear with me as I have searched hundreds of posts ....... Can my dealer "turn on" cruise control in the BCM like the Rostra instructions state for the Cobalt, G6, etc.....

I have yet to find a post where someone stated they were able to get a non C/C car to work with C/C by a change in the BCM via a TECHII at the dealer.

Anyone got any thoughts/answers ....... I did search ....really .........:)

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,472 Posts
If, indeed, you have a Z0K, you wouldn't have air, or an auto. So, you don't have a Z0K, at least from the factory.

As to the cruise control, I have never heard of anyone enabling it on a Solstice.

Not to say it can't be done, just I haven't heard of it.

Good luck, and report back if it worked.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I thought ZOK was the Base model number, and you could add options ...but I stand corrected....I read too deep into the model description.

·
Super Moderator
16,389 Posts
It is theoretically possible to activate cruise. I had it done on my basic F150

But as others have said, I have not heard of it being done.

It might be possible to install the BCM software for a cruise equipped car.

I am not even sure how cruise is implemented

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's the install on G5/G6, Cobalt/Malibu so I'm hoping its the same.
The Solstice uses this same kit for install of aftermarket cruise.
On the above mentioned, it looks like its already in the BCM, it just needs activated.
Oh well, dealer wants $50 to hook up TECHII and try it.
I've pissed more than that away on whims before, so ill give it a shot and
post results. Prolly be a week or two till I can get to dealer.
Next mods ....power locks/keyless entry, CAI, DDMWorks dual gauge pillar pod & coil
cover, aluminum window cranks .....
Smitty

http://rostra.com/manuals/Form4909F.pdf

1 - 8 of 8 Posts