Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings to all! I'm enjoying the 2nd week of owning my 2007 Solstice. I was looking for a convertible and to be honest I'd forgotten about the Solstice/Sky model until I literally stumbled upon one at a local dealership. Took it for a drive and the rest is history. It's a fairly low mileage (49k), 2.4, 5spd car.

So far its been a blast and will be a lot easier to own than "Heidi" my 1993, V12, BMW 850Ci (now retired) that I've used as my daily driver for the last 8yrs. The cost of parts & mods for the Solstice will ensure that I will have lots of parcel deliveries....much to the dismay of my wife.:cuss:

This is a great forum....I've already learned a lot!

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Hello and welcome. Wow a V12 to a 2.4, at least the handling of the Solstice is close, maybe not the ride though. Keep modding, the Solstice will love you and she will give you lots of permagrins. :) thanks from Norm

·
Premium Member
2,319 Posts
Welcome! Just wait till you get out into the country on a cool nite with the moon and stars....nuthin' gives that kind of feeling but a Vert. Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Welcome to the forum! :thumbs:

·
Registered
5,544 Posts
Hi to Ted. Your story sounds very familiar as my wife and I stumbled across the Solstice (07, 2.4l vert), drove it, and bought it. Fun vehicle - keep us posted on all your mods!

·
Premium Member
10,472 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hello and welcome. Wow a V12 to a 2.4, at least the handling of the Solstice is close, maybe not the ride though. Keep modding, the Solstice will love you and she will give you lots of permagrins. :) thanks from Norm
The Solstice runs rings around my 2 ton 8er in the handling dept. But on the freeway the 8 is a cruise missile. The 5.0 V12 is a low compression, good torque engine that actually uses regular fuel. The most cost effective engine mods are upgraded chips which changes the entire demeanor of the car. My 8er has ALL the suspension mods available but, in stock form right now the Solstice "eats its lunch"!

Welcome! Just wait till you get out into the country on a cool nite with the moon and stars....nuthin' gives that kind of feeling but a Vert. Enjoy!
Can't wait to feel the wind in the hair I have left!

Welcome to the forum! :thumbs:
Thx!

Howdy,
Welcome to the fun
Thx!

welcome have fun
Thx!

Hi to Ted. Your story sounds very familiar as my wife and I stumbled across the Solstice (07, 2.4l vert), drove it, and bought it. Fun vehicle - keep us posted on all your mods!
Gr8 minds think alike...will definitely post my mods.

I like the shape of the 850 ci too!
Thx! It's a 20yr old design that still keeps me peeking at it in the garage.

Welcome to the forum.

Thx!

·
Registered
564 Posts
Hey man welcome to the forum. Slightly off topic but I just have to mention it, that's twice in as many days on two different forums that a user name includes "BOBO" which is with out getting into a long boring Highjack the basis of my user name. It's something you definitely do not see too often. Anyway, happy Solstice'ing:lol:

·
Registered
5,544 Posts
Good hijack though. Years ago a co-worker used the name Bobo to refer to a certain body part. Bobo the Clown - always goofing around and getting into trouble.

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Good hijack though. Years ago a co-worker used the name Bobo to refer to a certain body part. Bobo the Clown - always goofing around and getting into trouble.
And I'll bet that name for that certain body part just set the girls' hearts to thumping wildly! hehehehehehehehe :lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts