Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2127081344&code=15888463&mode=invite&DCMP=isc-email-AlbumInvite

This link should take you to my image hosting site. If not let me know. They are all photos of the cars close up. I tried to shoot everything. 72 in all.

Still have the cars on the carriers. About half of them that I saw yesterday are still sitting outside by the plant. The other half is on said carriers. I asked the UAW guys and they said the carriers were headed to MI for proving ground testing. They mentioned some marketing photos taken at the plant last week. So they think you guys should watch the magazines.

More importantly they said they have had no fit and finish issue that have been out of the ordinary. They expect to start shipping in June. They told me that means that dealers will have them in June. The only delay at this point would be if they find something at the proving grounds. They would not comment on any specific fit and finish issues.

Of note, I spoke to a guy in Paint. He said that he has recently painted some Sky body panels. He also said that there has been no issues in Paint with any colors.

I did sit in the car as well. I am six four 225. It is a snug fit at the hips, knees and legs. Center consol is very high and is the main reason for the tightness. It is much less roomy than my 2000 vette (It is gone now don't ask). Plenty of sholder room. Not great visability but adequate. Plenty of head room with top up. Top looks great by the way. Enough room for my long legs to just work the clutch. Inside materials are nice for GM but not Lexus. Car looks very nice though. Fit and finish is typical GM. Trunk is very small and with the top down is non-existant. All that said it looked like a blast to drive.

Fire back any questions. I will get back on tonight.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Thank you!

Appreciate you posting all of the pics!

S.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Thanks for putting up the pics and info! We probably crossed paths there today. I recognize a few people in your pics that were hanging around the cars when I was there too.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Great photos! Thanks for sharing!

·
Premium Member
10,465 Posts
Thanks,
Great pictures, specially the trunk and Eng. compartment, this answers a lot of my concerns.
Thanks again for taking the time to do this.

·
Registered
146 Posts
awesome

Thanks for taking the time to share!!! We're loving it :grouphug:

thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks.......

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Great pics. The black interior on green doesn't even look too bad.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Just curious, what was the "car show" there today?

Awesome pics, thanks!

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
mceb said:
Just curious, what was the "car show" there today?
IIRC, it was the local 435's (union) second annual car show. For only the second year, I have to say it was a pretty decent show. I had my wife and kids in tow, and they're all getting over a cold, so we didn't hang around and look at all the other cars. Just walking past though, I was pretty impressed. I saw several '68 - '70 GTOs, '73-'79 F-bodies (mostly T/A) lots of hot rods, and a few really cool oddball cars like an Alfa Romeo spider with Ferarri running gear. It was so well executed, I believe it may have come from the factory that way. Alot of rarities there, not all GM. I saw a nice looking AMC AMX, for example.

·
Registered
34 Posts
The pictures are awesome. Thanks for sharing. We're getting silver with black interior. The silver looked great ! After the pics, really can't wait for it to arrive.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Great pictures. As they say, almost like being there. But I feel like I'm trying to get fitted for a mail order suit!
I did sit in the car as well. I am six four 225. It is a snug fit at the hips, knees and legs. Center consol is very high and is the main reason for the tightness. It is much less roomy than my 2000 vette (It is gone now don't ask). Plenty of sholder room. Not great visability but adequate. Plenty of head room with top up.....Enough room for my long legs to just work the clutch.....All that said it looked like a blast to drive.
Because legroom is my biggest concern(I'm also 6'4" but just 175), just want to make sure. Although it was snug, did you fit? Were you comfortable? Were you comfortable enough to consider driving one on a long trip? Did you sit in it with the door closed? Was visibility obstructed through the windshield or rearward? Both?

Did you happen to open either of the cup holders?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Wow!

Great pics DEBuddy. Amazing, in 24 hours I've gone from hungering for any
information at all to a sense of information overload. Absolutely amazing work by everyone taking shots thru the fence at the plant and at this show (a god-send).

All this info. seems to focus all of the energy back onto the key question: when will we get our cars?!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
DreamerDave said:
Great pictures. As they say, almost like being there. But I feel like I'm trying to get fitted for a mail order suit!

Because legroom is my biggest concern(I'm also 6'4" but just 175), just want to make sure. Although it was snug, did you fit? Were you comfortable? Were you comfortable enough to consider driving one on a long trip? Did you sit in it with the door closed? Was visibility obstructed through the windshield or rearward? Both?

Did you happen to open either of the cup holders?

Didn't see the cup holders.
Did sit with door closed. Latterally(sp?) it was very snug at the legs, knees and hips. With the steering wheel all the way up I felt I would be able to operate all pedals OK. plenty of room for feet.
I did fit though and it was comfortable. At your size I wouldn't plan on shifting around too much on long trips.
I won't comment any more on the long trip thing. You never know.
Visibility was OK out front. A pilars were more obstuctive than the windshield crossbar. I thought all other windows were on the low visability end of the spectrum. Rearward was no worse than my 2000 vette. C pilar with top up is big.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Finally, enough pics to wear me out. These should hold me over until mine gets here. Hopefully, in June. :cool: Thanks! Thanks! Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
DelawareBuddy said:
http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2127081344&code=15888463&mode=invite&DCMP=isc-email-AlbumInvite

This link should take you to my image hosting site. If not let me know. They are all photos of the cars close up. I tried to shoot everything. 72 in all.

Still have the cars on the carriers. About half of them that I saw yesterday are still sitting outside by the plant. The other half is on said carriers. I asked the UAW guys and they said the carriers were headed to MI for proving ground testing. They mentioned some marketing photos taken at the plant last week. So they think you guys should watch the magazines.

More importantly they said they have had no fit and finish issue that have been out of the ordinary. They expect to start shipping in June. They told me that means that dealers will have them in June. The only delay at this point would be if they find something at the proving grounds. They would not comment on any specific fit and finish issues.

Of note, I spoke to I guy in Paint. He said that he has recently painted some Sky body panels. He also said that there has been no issues in Paint with any colors.

I did sit in the car as well. I am six four 225. It is a snug fit at the hips, knees and legs. Center consol is very high and is the main reason for the tightness. It is much less roomy than my 2000 vette (It is gone now don't ask). Plenty of sholder room. Not great visability but adequate. Plenty of head room with top up. Top looks great by the way. Enough room for my long legs to just work the clutch. Inside materials are nice for GM but not Lexus. Car looks very nice though. Fit and finish is typical GM. Trunk is very small and with the top down is non-existant. All that said it looked like a blast to drive.

Fire back any questions. I will get back on tonight.
thanks for the pics. I own a Mini cooper and at 6'5" 300 have plenty of room. The specs on this car were very similar except there was no specs for leg room. In my mini my legs are just about straight out. since your 6'4" how did the leg room feel for you?

Gary in Memphis • Mini Cooper S 2002

·
Registered
316 Posts
Big thanks there D-buddy. best pics so far.

Looking at them tells me two things. One, I wont be carrying any golf bags in that trunk top up or down since I have a cart bag. And two, the Sly with two-tone interior was a good choice me. I still think the silver is great looking though. Maybe my next one will be in that color.

1 - 20 of 133 Posts