Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Below are links to the pics I put in the gallery of the subwoofer and the waterfall compartment without a trunk release handle.

I loaded a few other pics from the KC auto show into the galleries as well.

Upon closer inspection, the supposed subwoofer doesn't even have a perforated grille. Maybe it's covered in grille cloth. I dunno... I'm just the messanger.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Now is there a subwoofer behind the driver as well... because there aren't many systems with just one sub, because double-bass is a killer on one sub.

...and what is "waterfall" compartment? Is there a little tropical grotto hiden behind there?

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
All the cutaway images only show the one compartment behind the passenger seat I believe.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
brentil said:
All the cutaway images only show the one compartment behind the passenger seat I believe.
Actually, look at the "body only" cutaways in the gallery (mechanicals and parts pictures) - there's a dished area where the subwoofer speaker grille is, right below the "box". I just can't see that little bit of dished area being any type of subwoofer, or maybe a totally ineffective one - they have to be using the box above it as a resonance chamber...

http://www.solsticeforum.com/photopost/data/3014/26Solstice_Structure.jpg

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
solsticeman said:
Actually, look at the "body only" cutaways in the gallery (mechanicals and parts pictures) - there's a dished area where the subwoofer speaker grille is, right below the "box". I just can't see that little bit of dished area being any type of subwoofer, or maybe a totally ineffective one - they have to be using the box above it as a resonance chamber...

http://www.solsticeforum.com/photopost/data/3014/26Solstice_Structure.jpg
Maybe you're right. I hope those compartments are both easily accessable if the car isn't equipped with a subwoofer. That would effectively TRIPLE storage capacity. The wife and I could take weekend trips and have room for three pair of underwear and a toothbrush EACH!

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
You guys have it all wrong! Thats actually the luggage compartment. :willy:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Fortimir said:
Now is there a subwoofer behind the driver as well... because there aren't many systems with just one sub, because double-bass is a killer on one sub.

...and what is "waterfall" compartment? Is there a little tropical grotto hiden behind there?

nah its just a place to put your flowers kind of like the vw bug but it holds a flower pot and is between you. seriously the space between the driver and passenger seats has been refered to as the waterfal since it well looks like a waterfall.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Sweet! A built in cat carrier!

Why would the passenger seat have one of those extra top side seat release switches if there was nothing behind the seat but a sub? So that it is extra convenient to scoot the seat forward to look at the speaker grill?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts