Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Pontiac has updated the Solstice area on their web site.

OnStar is still listed as an Option
and here

And even more interesting is a picture showing a black and tan/copper two tone interior I've never seen before.

They also show the Steel & Sand interior in the next picture, but this is clearly black and some other warm color leather. This is clearly NOT just a "browser color shift" issue. That's black and what appears to be metallic copper leather, or at least a warm tan. Any ideas what this is? The next color combo coming down the pike?

===

Update June 22: Pontiac has changed the photo on their web site so it no longer shows the copper color and now shows what looks like sand. See ATTACHMENT: the before (top) and current (bottom) .

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,887 Posts
Did I miss this before, or is the animated picture under the tab "Top Down Exhilartion" which shows a blue Sol with top folding into the trunk a new picture?

I ask, because this is the first offical picture I've seen that shows the "Temple" in the trunk. It's certainly still there, and the top shows it folds up on to this. Not sure how to get even two Sunday golf bags in there, but this is the first offical inside view into the trunk. Maybe I missed others posts, but thought I'd point this out.

·
5,641 Posts
mceb said:
If you follow the link, choose "order info" from the left hand menu, the "color & trim" when it expands, click on the "A50-Leather Seating Surfaces" seat code. The color samples there look just like the new picture from the Black Solstice referenced in the openning post. So all the other interior shots they have been showing must now be considered "pre-production". and the new shot is "Steel/Sand".

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Small Dealer said:
So all the other interior shots they have been showing must now be considered "pre-production". and the new shot is "Steel/Sand".
That's has to be it, this is the production version of sand/steel not a 3rd option. Works well for me because it looks better with a darker car like my black. I was worried about the too light a grey in the interior all along.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
rlhammon said:
Did I miss this before, or is the animated picture under the tab "Top Down Exhilartion" which shows a blue Sol with top folding into the trunk a new picture?

I ask, because this is the first offical picture I've seen that shows the "Temple" in the trunk.
Good catch, yes that is a new animation and you can see the temple. To my eye it looks like they shrunk it a little and there is more room behind the temple then in the previous pics.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Glad I got 2 tone now! I love the black-ish/sand look.

·
Registered
767 Posts
PhatPhelix said:
Wow... I really like the look of the new leather...
If I can get it with envious or aggressive. :brentil:
Click on the color tab. It shows that steel/sand is available with agressive.
:)

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
jimmyo said:
Click on the color tab. It shows that steel/sand is available with agressive.
:)
Good pickup...might be great news for those wanting red or green cars. Still not showing up yet in e-book thing.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
OnStar is an option yes, but it says Available Fall 2005.

I'd like to point out the Fuel Economy numbers have changed agian. :(
20/28 MPG now.

Woo-Hoo I get to play with the new website today. :D

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
I spy with my little eye, a Mayan Temple.

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
mceb said:
Good catch, yes that is a new animation and you can see the temple. To my eye it looks like they shrunk it a little and there is more room behind the temple then in the previous pics.
Maybe I am just too old - I can't stop the animation, nor can I see it clearly, looks pretty darn dark under the trunk. They only show it for about 7 frames. Am I missing something? I just can't see really clearly into the trunk at all. (top down exhiliration link in the flash presentation).

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Brentil - did you do the options and specs page on pontiac.com? :lol:

Looks like they copied your page (or your page was REALLY faithful to the way pontiac displays their options).

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
solsticeman said:
Maybe I am just too old - I can't stop the animation, nor can I see it clearly, looks pretty darn dark under the trunk. They only show it for about 7 frames. Am I missing something? I just can't see really clearly into the trunk at all. (top down exhiliration link in the flash presentation).
S-man, boost up the brightness of your monitor. It'll show up better in there, although it still is a rather quick glance before it gets covered. :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Sand and Steel

I hope this is the new version of Sand and Steel. It fits much better with the darker colors. This combo rocks.

-DT

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
solsticeman said:
Brentil - did you do the options and specs page on pontiac.com? :lol:

Looks like they copied your page (or your page was REALLY faithful to the way pontiac displays their options).
I actually took and pulled down a Pontiac specs page and used their images and color combinations to make mine. :D

·
Registered
218 Posts
mceb said:
That's has to be it, this is the production version of sand/steel not a 3rd option. Works well for me because it looks better with a darker car like my black. I was worried about the too light a grey in the interior all along.
If this 'Black/Copper' has replaced the Steel/Sand, i'm curious what the people who ordered Cool Silver or Sly Gray think of the change?

This darker combo will look great on the darker colors but i think the original Steel/Sand still looks right for the silver and gray exteriors.

I ordered a black Sol with Ebony interior which also seems to have changed. What happened to the charcoal gray interior? I think the darker interior looks great though.

Does anyone really know what they ordered?

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have been reading up on the solstice for a couple weeks now and I finally took the dive and ordered one. The problem is I knew more about the car at the dealership than the salesperson and their manager. I ordered every option available and I went with the black and steel/sand interior. I really hope this new picture represents what it will look like. I just couldn't convince myself to buy black leather in AZ. Thank all of you for all the information it has been a huge help in the process. I can't wait to get my car.

1 - 20 of 103 Posts