Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

New Product Enabling Many PID Values on Message Center

4K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  Seltzinator 
#1 ·
In keeping within the forum rules, I can neither list a Manufacturer or Product Name. I can only provide that via PM. Staying within forum rules, I can describe the product. The fact that it won an award at the most recent SEMA show should be a clue. This Black Box currently supports C6 Corvettes, and allows you to view anthing from A/F Ratio's, knock retard to 0-60 and 1.4 mile times right on Instrument Cluster Message Center. It plugs directly into the obd II port and you're done. They plan on bringing this support to Camaros, CTS-V's, Cruzes, G8s, and Cobalts. They'd love to include the Kappa but they do not have a car for debug and verification. Without a car, they will not port the product to the Kappa as their reputation for delivering quality, bug free products to market is more important than the risk of delivering an unverified product.

The Solstice/Sky uses the same message center tech as the Cobalt and G8 but the Manufacturer of this piece of magic doesn't have access to a Solstice or Sky for Debug. To make things worse for myself, they're located in UTAH, 1700 miles away from me, so I cannot provide them a donor car for probably the 1 or 2 days they'll need for debug and then release . If you are a member or know of a member that lives in Utah, PLEASE,Send me a PM. It will take your DASH and give it LOGIC, hint!! Google.....DASH......LOGIC

#2 ·
Sounds like a great product, I'm also way to far from Utah. Other people post links to stuff.

#9 · (Edited)
----------------------

I agree that the little message center is inadequate for displaying in depth data. It's also pretty unnecessary.

I have a cheap obd2 Bluetooth adapter and Torque on my mobile. I also have a nice Kuda mount for my phone. I just launch Torque and it displays all that info in any style or configuration I want, and it's not crammed into that message area.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
-----------------------

Yep there is an ap for that called:
" - command".

Android, windows or iOS
Whoa I just looked at it on the ITunes Store and it looks way cheaper than it was. Just $9.99 I think it was like $40+ In the past. Might need to hook this up with a Bluetooth obd2

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#4 ·
That would be it. I've used their products for 3 years and you would find a more leading edge, customer oriented supplier. Before they released their Android version of dash command, I pestered them to the point that the decided I would be a greatI beta tester. I've never had a company Of this type be so responsive. If you really want to know what's going on in your lnf, their ScanXL Pro with the GM extended pid set is the best logger on the market, period. The DashLogic is a spinoff of all that tech.

#7 ·
I agree that the little message center is inadequate for displaying in depth data. It's also pretty unnecessary.

I have a cheap obd2 Bluetooth adapter and Torque on my mobile. I also have a nice Kuda mount for my phone. I just launch Torque and it displays all that info in any style or configuration I want, and it's not crammed into that message area.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#14 ·
You must be running pure stock.

It may not be necessary if you're running a bone stock car. When you're running 30 lbs of boost, injecting water/meth and pulling the timing to the edge, you might want to know what's really going on.

#10 ·
I don't see anything that's not provided by the coupla dollar torque app for android.

Now, if they could have the professional specific pids that most manufacturers provide for a huge fee to mechanics, that would be good

for instance, and NOT in "gm specific" or other public library pids, there are hidden pids for abs performance, ecs performance and a host of othrs

#11 ·
Palmer Performance told me they needed a car as the product works through the obd ii port. I don't think they'd release a product which was only tested on a bench. They'd probably have to create a vehicle simulator on the bench with just a cluster but thanks for the offer.

#12 ·
I agree, all can be done on the android market. That said, the product has configurable alarms and it's a no hassle solution after the initial setup.

#13 ·
I've been running an obdlink bluetooth adapter and dashcommand on the street and track for three years without a hickup. I'm able to datalog and see virtual gauges, with warnings, far sooner than a MIL light. To me it's protection, and well worth it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.