Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Hey Tony, If i decide to repaint I will need to get replacement adhesive tape. I was curious to where you got yours and any tips on how to cut it to shape?
Its standard 3M VHB tape. You can buy it at lowes or home depot. It comes in 1/2 inch and you have to lay out a piece in a straight line and use a ruler to trim off just a 1/16" of it. Then you hand lay it around the perimeter of the insert.

Tony

·
Registered
24 Posts
It's easy to replace the adhesive tape. I had to replace mine because when I received my inserts the tape had been put on the wrong side. LOL

·
Registered
350 Posts
It's easy to replace the adhesive tape. I had to replace mine because when I received my inserts the tape had been put on the wrong side. LOL
classic!!

I guess you should have had a logo added...then everyone would know the right side.

·
Registered
2009 Mysterious GXP Coupe #100
2,732 Posts
I didn't put the tape on the wrong side. That's the way they came from Tony.
:willy:

The "good" side of mine came covered in paper (it's a protective layer). Not sure how one would put the tape on that side accidentally.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
:willy:

The "good" side of mine came covered in paper (it's a protective layer). Not sure how one would put the tape on that side accidentally.
There is no way to mess these up guys. They are mirror sides. The black side has the tape on it and the other black side is covered in protective paper. You peel it off. Lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
GXP Fender Grilles on Mysterious Coupe

Here's a couple pics on ASAP's new GXP Fender Grilles on my (Black) Mysterious Coupe.
Thanks Tony for another great product! :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
Got it. new spam filter blocked the link but I remembered this is where I got my "get in, sit down and shut the F up" badge for my airbag light. Good to go.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Just ordered these GXP style along with a lot of other goodies!! Can't wait!!!! Tony how long is the order que? haha

·
Registered
612 Posts
Why would you need a functional hole in this location? It doesn't serve a purpose except for appearance.
On my Sky, they actually allow more air to flow through the engine bay and keep things a little cooler, but mostly, they look really bitchin :cool:

·
Registered
534 Posts
Oh, I didn't realize the hole went all the way through to the engine bay. I was thinking they went into the fender wells. That makes since now.

61 - 77 of 77 Posts