Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, after looking at how many people have either painted or put stickers in the solstice lettering that is stamped into the hood liner. We have come up with a very nice solution to this. These are laser cut brushed metal (plastic) with a 3M adhesive which seems to stick nicely to the hood liner. I have not had a chance to do much testing due to the cold temps outside, but I think they should stay put as long as you clean the hood liner prior to installation. I will be offering these in the following colors.

Brushed Metal Silver
Brushed Metal Gold
Red
Yellow
White
Black

These can also be painted to match your car color, so if you want to do this, buy the white version and then paint them.

They will sell for $49 for the set (plus shipping) and come ready to apply. Just peel and stick.

Order from our website here http://www.asapdigitalimaging.com/#/sol-hood-liner/4557588688

Please allow 5 business days for production.

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
Another quick question. I'm about to paint my engine cover and was wondering if you could do overlays for the lettering on it? Perhaps in brushed to match the hood liner but in a vinyl style product?

I really like how the brushed looks in the headliner now the a look at it more.

·
Premium Member
3,111 Posts
I like it....more for my " to do mods list":willy::willy::willy:

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm very interested. Wish you did black as well, but I suppose I can paint them. How much?
I can do them in black if you like. I just didn't think that anyone would want them in black. But can be done. Basically the plastic come in colors and I stock, black, white, red, yellow, brushed silver, brushed gold.

Another quick question. I'm about to paint my engine cover and was wondering if you could do overlays for the lettering on it? Perhaps in brushed to match the hood liner but in a vinyl style product?

I really like how the brushed looks in the headliner now the a look at it more.
Overlays for the engine cover? To match the wording "ecotec"?

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
My whole car is getting pretty much blacked out which is why I thought I would want them in black but that brushed looks sooooooo good I may have to reconsider.

Yes, to cover ECOTEC and SIDI-turbo. I thought about painting but don't think ill be able to get the proper brushed look (the silver on mine is stained otherwise i would just mask it off). The more I think about it overlays might be hard to properly line up but if you think its possible pm me. I don't want to further hi-jack this thread on this.

BTW, price or is this just to gauge interest?

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My whole car is getting pretty much blacked out which is why I thought I would want them in black but that brushed looks sooooooo good I may have to reconsider.

Yes, to cover ECOTEC and SIDI-turbo. I thought about painting but don't think ill be able to get the proper brushed look (the silver on mine is stained otherwise i would just mask it off). The more I think about it overlays might be hard to properly line up but if you think its possible pm me. I don't want to further hi-jack this thread on this.

BTW, price or is this just to gauge interest?
No problem. I would need a template in order to create them for the engine cover. Mine is the 2.4 so I could do those, but would need someone with a 2.0 to make me a template to cut.

As far as price on the hood liner inserts. I put it in the original post. They are $49 plus $6 shipping in the USA. I should have a link on my site shortly but if you want you can always paypal me as the instructions say in the first post.

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
Ha! you must have added that after I read the first post :) Gotcha about the overlays. Maybe I could just send you my engine cover as the template? I'll try painting first.

Thanks :) I'm gonna sleep on if I want Brushed or Black and I'll probably purchase them soon :) If anything they are going on my queue.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
I can do them in black if you like. I just didn't think that anyone would want them in black. But can be done. Basically the plastic come in colors and I stock, black, white, red, yellow, brushed silver, brushed gold.

Overlays for the engine cover? To match the wording "ecotec"?
Very nice, how about metallic silver to match our A pillar?

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Hey T, sounds like a great product, what type of finish is going to be used to achieve colors (Red,Yellow, White,Black)? i.e. vinyl, anodized or paint?

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey T, sounds like a great product, what type of finish is going to be used to achieve colors (Red,Yellow, White,Black)? i.e. vinyl, anodized or paint?
The material is a 1/16" acrylic that comes in either a base white or base black. For colors we would apply a colored vinyl over the material before laser cutting. The brushed metal colors come with a black base and already have the metal finish impregnated into the plastic..

These are now up on our web site for ordering.

Thanks
Tony

·
Premium Member
3,111 Posts
Just ordered them in yellow!!!!:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
Just placed my order for the Brushed Silver version!

Hey, Tony
Are you planning on offering the SKY version for us Saturn Kappa owners?
I'd love to have the SKY letters done in the Brushed Silver also, any chance those are coming down the pike?

Thanks! Steve

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just placed my order for the Brushed Silver version!

Hey, Tony
Are you planning on offering the SKY version for us Saturn Kappa owners?
I'd love to have the SKY letters done in the Brushed Silver also, any chance those are coming down the pike?

Thanks! Steve
I would definately do these for the sky, however I need someone with a Sky to come by my place so I can make a template. I might be able to do it with a very clean digital picture of the wording, but the photo would have to be straight on and there would need to be something in the photo for size reference like a ruler placed next to the text. If someone wants to do that for me I could make them.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Tony,

Went to the website and saw the picture of the yellow lettering. Is this the true colour
or is it more like the Solstice yellow?
Thanks

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Tony,

Went to the website and saw the picture of the yellow lettering. Is this the true colour
or is it more like the Solstice yellow?
Thanks
Not sure how it looks on your screen. We use a vinyl that is a pretty close match to the factory paint color. So it should match pretty well. I just photoshopped those images to show the different colors.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Tony,

Do you think there will be any problem installing them now? I live in NY and the temperature is now between 40-50 degrees. I just ordered a set and will install them when you suggest.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts