Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
I have plenty of heat under the hood, will the brushed silver hold up over time ? If not I need to remove them from my order . . .

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
I have had a problem with a couple of the letters coming undone. After reading all of the previous responses, I took mine off and noticed that the silver material was just starting to peel back on two of the letters. My letters are of the wood variety so I peeled off all the silver material, sanded them down and sprayed them with VHT hi-temp black wrinkle paint for texture. Then I sprayed them with Dupi-coler red engine enamel. I could not find red wrinkle paint. Guessing the paint will hold up to engine heat as the paint is hi-temp. Hoping it will adhere well to the wood. Tomorrow, I plan to re-install them using Gorilla Glue.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
Sorry if I am offending anyone by keeping this thread going but wanted to show how my modification of Tonys product turned out. Installed with Gorilla Glue five minute epoxy...hope that was the correct choice. The last letter, the E did not want to lay flat so you can see how I clamped it in place during curing time. I like it!!

Attachments

61 - 63 of 63 Posts