Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are super excited to announce we are carrying the new HP Tuners - nGauge - for 1997-2017 GM Vehicles (Credits Not Included)!!!

The HP Tuners nGauge for GM vehicles is the ultimate custom tuning device, datalogger and gauge ALL IN ONE! It is a digital gauge that connects to the vehicle's OBD2 port, allowing the user to view live data and reprogram the ECU. It can be tuned using HP Tuners VCM Suite and supports all OBD2 vehicles as a gauge and data logger. This incredible device will now let you switch tuning maps without having your laptop plugged in!!! :grin:

Gauge Functions -

User configurable digital gauges
Display up to 6 gauges at a time (15 if all screens are used)
Pick from hundreds of OBD2 signals
Record log files to MicroSD Card
Program warning lights
Built in diagnostics
Can datalog 23 PIDS at a time

Optional Tuning Features -

Works with HP Tuners VCM SUite
Read and save stock file
Load hundreds of tunes from your MicroSD Card

Hardware Features -

2.4" 320 x 240 Color LCD
Resistive touch screen
Touch Stylus included
Micro-SD Card
2 Analog Inputs
6 Programmable LEDs
Chrome bezel
Brushed aluminum overlay
Fits 3 gauge hole sizes
Adapter Ring included
Dual T-Slot for pedestal mounting
Thin design to save space
Auto Sleep/Wake with ignition
RS232 and CAN expansion ports
Support for wideband integration
Firmware update through USB or MicroSD
2 High Speed CAN Channels
ISO9141 / KWP2000, J1850PWM / J1850VPW

***Credits not included***

Available here for $449.00 and includes free shipping to the lower 48 states!!! - HP Tuners Ngauge 1997-2017 GM Vehicles (Credits Not Included), Performance Autowerks

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
Let's see if I understand this. I can pay $350 to $400 for an ECM tune, or I can buy this for $449 and tune my engine myself every time I change something.

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Let's see if I understand this. I can pay $350 to $400 for an ECM tune, or I can buy this for $449 and tune my engine myself every time I change something.
The nGauge does not come with tuning. You can however purchase one of our E-mail tunes for $350.00 and you will be able to then load in the tune and datalog using the gauge. The beauty of the gauge is to allow easier and faster remote tuning of cars so end users don't have to bust out their laptops everytime they want to make a tune change. It will allow you to store multiple maps and load them in so you can switch tunes while out on the road. If you want to be able to make tuning changes yourself you will need to purchase an HPtuners suite here - HP Tuners VCM Suite, Performance Autowerks

·
Registered
144 Posts
You could use this if you were planning on being remote tuned by the tuner of your choice.
Usually you would have to buy hptuners and then leave it in a box somewhere collecting dust in case you wanted your tune touched up for a new mod. The way once you are done tuning you have a useful gauge. Not only that but you have it with you to log with if you start having issues while you are out. Also nice to have additional lower octane tunes with you on a road trip where you are not always able to find 94.
If I wasnt already dyno tuned I would be looking at this.

·
Premium Member
772 Posts
Looks like a killer gadget. Got a place you are mounting them? Cockpit is kind of cramped as it is. Would love one of these to use to switch tunes for traveling - 91 no meth travel tune/93 meth daily tune/E86 BTTW tune.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
This looks like it would fit in the ac vent. I've been browsing your site and planning to order some parts soon. My gxp has been in storage for 5 years and finally taken it out. Seeing what I can do for more power. I have a trifecta tune. Can those tunes be used with this? I was also going to get the trifecta e47 tune. If I could switch between them that would be awesome.

·
Premium Member
961 Posts
You will not be able to use a Trifecta tune with this.

To switch back and forth.

As Trifecta does not use HPT software.

You will still however get the information portion of this product as a gauge.

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
You will not be able to use a Trifecta tune with this.

To switch back and forth.

As Trifecta does not use HPT software.

You will still however get the information portion of this product as a gauge.
If you have Trifecta is can be a switched tune, BUT you would have to tune the alternate tune (when Trifecta is switched off) using something else - GMPP, custom HPTuners etc.

It would be possible to have a 94 octane Trifectas as a normal tune and an E86 or something else as the alternate.

All this nice gauge would do is show you what the engine is doing.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
If you have Trifecta is can be a switched tune, BUT you would have to tune the alternate tune (when Trifecta is switched off) using something else - GMPP, custom HPTuners etc.

It would be possible to have a 94 octane Trifectas as a normal tune and an E86 or something else as the alternate.

All this nice gauge would do is show you what the engine is doing.

I should probably go talk with my local tuner. See what he can do. This might be more money up front but also give me more flexibility down the road. He told me he could put a flex fuel sensor on my solstice once. Would love to be able to throw whatever into the car and go. That's what I'm doing on my sti. If I can do that on the solstice as well that would be perfect.

·
Premium Member
961 Posts
Dave.

Can you list the PIDs this will read on our Kappas?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts