Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally a little relief for those caved in backsides :D JPM introduces it's SOL/SKY Lumbar support unit!

It's perfect for those that just can't seem to get comfortable in the stock seats. It hides neatly behind the seat so it's not an eyesore like those lumbar support pillows or pads. It is also fully adjustable with just the squeeze of the pump that hides away next to the seat when not in use.

To be fair, the concept was actually from a forum member who I contacted about this so we can't take credit for the idea. However, we can offer a neat package with easy to follow instructions :)

Installations is a snap and takes about five minutes with no tools required.

Each unit is mounted using zip ties to the back of the seat along factory support rails.

Each lumbar support unit is now available for the introductory price of $68 and can be ordered through our website:

JPMCoachworks | Automotive Redesign Studio - Genunine Alcantara, Suede and Leather Products, Services and Complete Interior Design - JPMUSA.com

This item will not ship before the 24th of this month to give us time to stock up on materials. Thanks for looking. Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

-Joe

·
Registered
397 Posts
Hi Joe,

This is JUST the product my "frequent passenger" needs! He is always complaining about poor lumbar support . . . I suppose I could let him drive once in a while . . . naaa, I would rather add the lumbar support!

I placed my order & used one of the sale coupons - Thanks!

Lynne
Phoenix, AZ

·
Registered
163 Posts
I picked up a lumbar support from Joe last week, during the Florida mod meet. As soon as I got back home I installed it and can't believe what a difference it makes. Now I can't wait for the upcoming Northen California mod meet so I can have my steering wheel recovered and replace my shifter. Thank you, Joe!

·
Registered
432 Posts
After using a small pillow successfully, I finally ordered one today. Winter is near, hope to test it out before car is stored.

·
Registered
78 Posts
will there be a power option? I have not noticed this on the Sky side is it there?

·
Registered
333 Posts
No power, no interest.......

·
Registered
432 Posts
Got and Installed Lumbar Support.

UPS delivered on Monday afternoon. Installed it just after sunset during twilight. Went in really easy, just put the top down, seat forward, unzipped the back and flipped it over the seat top. Slid the Lumbar Support under the seat frame and installed the zip ties. Put another tie loosely around the big frame bar at the lower portion of the seat back to hold the air tube in place out of the way of the clip on the bottom of the seat cover. Installed the bulb, (put a little spit on the chrome part so the air tube slid on easier). Routed the tube so the bulb would rest on the door sill next to the seat. Tested, working OK, zipped the seat cover together, clipped the bottom together, and put the top up. Still twilight out. This must have taken all of 10 minutes (including reading the directions), if that long.
Later on I went for a ride to a friends. I felt the difference, or I should say I didn't feel the difference, my lower back didn't ache. Yesterday I drove the car some more, the LS is working better than I thought it would. Much better than the pillow I was using, a bit classier too.
Thanks JPM, this simple add-on will let me enjoy the car even more. :)

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
joe, here's an unusualy question;

I need something like this for the center of the seat because the side support pushes up on my hips and for me it's very uncomfortable, for the time I am sitting on a device that raises my butt above the side supports of the seat

will How much weight do you think this can handle if it's used for that purpose?

·
Premium Member
3,040 Posts
It was my birthday yesterday so I thought I would buy a "practical mod"! Called JPM and they still have a few of these in stock. I figure when I am ready install I will take to a trim shop and get them to add some foam to my my "saggy seat" as well.:thumbs:
Cheers,
Northern Old:lol:

·
Registered
6,886 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,040 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Do you have a contact info for JPM where I can order the lumbar support? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,040 Posts
Do you have a contact info for JPM where I can order the lumbar support? Thanks.
Google "JPM Coach Works". You will have to email or call them to order this as it is not on the website.:thumbs:

·
Registered
6,760 Posts
Seeing as JPM is no longer making them, I guess it's OK to point you to this: Universal Inflatable In Seat Lumbar Air Bladder. These are the exact same bladder as JPM used, but you'll have to supply your own piece of acrylic or thin ply to glue it to and mount. Just cut a piece a little wider and about an inch taller than the bladder. Drill a hole in the top corners and zip tie onto your seat wire-frame.

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
talk about perfect timing. I tweaked my back and it's been hurting for the last couple months. I was considering ordering a lumbar support for my office chair at work and using it in my car. this seems like a much better solution.

Thanks for the link soup, before I got to your post I was already thinking of how I could make my own. I have one of those inflatable wedges used to open a car door and it's about the same thing but smaller. however, the ones in your link will do just fine.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts