Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
6,798 Posts
Another thing I forgot... although not strictly necessary, there's a rectangular void at the back of the seat back foam. I cut a rectangle to fit in there, out of some 1" (I think) foam that I had, to fill it in. Gave more for the bladder to 'push' against when inflated.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just walked in from the garage after completing the installation of the lumbar support into my SKY.

I contacted JPM several weeks back to see if they had any of the kits available and they told me they were out and wouldn't be offering these again. But the person I was talking to immediately told me how to access the same forum post where they got the idea from: http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f62/how-customize-seats-inflatable-lumbar-support-53766/ . (Kudos to "lacajun" for the OP.) JPM also shared with me the place where they bought the components for the kits they offered.

Send me a PM if you'd like to know where JPM recommended and where I ordered the parts from.

I immediately jumped on line and ordered the blood pressure bladder and the bulb and valve assembly. All for less than $14 a seat - including shipping and handling!

Instead of using metal for supporting the bladder I purchased a couple of clip boards from "the Wally". Just remove the clips and cut them down to size.

Thanks TS for the tip on filling the void in the driver's seat foam. Although the bladder has more than enough size to make up for the area it certainly took quite a few more squeezes of the bulb on the driver's side to feel the full affect.

This is one of those mods that brings a lot of satisfaction for the money.

bds

·
Registered
6,798 Posts
But the person I was talking to immediately told me how to access the same forum post where they got the idea from: http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f62/how-customize-seats-inflatable-lumbar-support-53766/ . (Kudos to "lacajun" for the OP.) JPM also shared with me the place where they bought the components for the kits they offered.

Send me a PM if you'd like to know where JPM recommended and where I ordered the parts from.
Hah! I'd never seen that original post. I must've "reinvented the wheel" when I did mine. (By the way I used some leftover "Pergo" type flooring as the backing for mine.)

That price you quoted is darn good. Please PM me with the info as a friend has just bought a Sky and will need these (better still, just post a link here - I'm sure the mods will let a one-off thing like this through).

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
Is there pictures. Would love to see what it looks like before i deside to buy.
it shows in your quote here 3 boxes but no pictures.

thank you
victoria

Finally a little relief for those caved in backsides :D JPM introduces it's SOL/SKY Lumbar support unit!

It's perfect for those that just can't seem to get comfortable in the stock seats. It hides neatly behind the seat so it's not an eyesore like those lumbar support pillows or pads. It is also fully adjustable with just the squeeze of the pump that hides away next to the seat when not in use.

To be fair, the concept was actually from a forum member who I contacted about this so we can't take credit for the idea. However, we can offer a neat package with easy to follow instructions :)

Installations is a snap and takes about five minutes with no tools required.

Each unit is mounted using zip ties to the back of the seat along factory support rails.

Each lumbar support unit is now available for the introductory price of $68 and can be ordered through our website:

JPMCoachworks | Automotive Redesign Studio - Genunine Alcantara, Suede and Leather Products, Services and Complete Interior Design - JPMUSA.com

This item will not ship before the 24th of this month to give us time to stock up on materials. Thanks for looking. Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

-Joe

·
Registered
21 Posts
For those unable to see the photos from lacajun's original post from January 2009 here's a '.PDF' and have included information on where Joe at JMP sent me to purchase the Bladders and Bulb & Valves.

Here are the links as well:
website - www.schoolkidshealthcare.com
for the Bladder - Veridian Replacement 1-Tube Bladder - Adult
for the Bulb & Valve - ADC Standard Bulb and Valve

This is one of those mods that's too easy and too inexpensive not to do.

Please let me and the other forum members know how your "Inflatable Lumbar Support" mod goes!

Brian

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,046 Posts
I am getting a new bottom driver's seat foam installed along with the lumbar support next week by a local trim shop. I live in a condo and don't have a work shop or tools for doing mods. My original plan was to have JPM fix my "saggy seat" and install the lumbar support at the Nationals. When I reached out to JPM they told me they would not be attending. Joe at JPM gave me the low down on the "saggy seat". The deficit is on 2006 & 2007 models. GM fixed it in models 2008 on. Therefore the fix is to by a new foam seat cushion. I purchased one of last Lumbar kits from JPM as you know from this thread. I then called Tom at Crate Engine and purchased the 2008 on foam cushion replacement. Will update next week when work is done.:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
3,046 Posts
Just got the JPM Lumbar support installed and love it. A great mod for an aging Northern Sol. As mentioned earlier I also had the trim shop install my new lower seat foam that I purchased from Tom at Crate Engine. I am really impressed. I am now sitting higher and much, much firmer!:thumbs: My only concern is I think my butt might of got bigger!?!?:willy: The seat bumpers are nice and snug now. I love it!!!! If you have a 2006 or 2007 I strongly recommend you reach out to Tom and get this lower seat foam cushion piece.:thumbs::thumbs:

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
Would you mind listing a part number for the seat cushion ? Sounds like the thing for my '07.
(Thanx)
Lumbar mod is awesome, can't wait to try.

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
Thank You !

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
I did the inflatable lumbar support mod today. I followed the PDF "How To and Components" and the website to order the valve and bladder that bds posted. Instructions were easy to follow and the parts were quick shipped and cheap. The support works great for my bad back! I ordered two sets not knowing the passenger seat would not accept the lumbar support. If anyone is considering doing this mod for their drivers seat I will send you the extra valve and bladder free! Just contact me. I have received great support from this community so I think it's time to "Pay it Forward"! This Solstice Community is a Blast!! Thank You!

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Hi Cmccomb1,

I'll take you up on your offer if you still have the bladder & valve. Let me know and I'll PM you the necessaries.
And thanks, either way.

21 - 40 of 56 Posts