Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have new Tunnel-Truss's in stock for shipment and priced at $89

You'll wonder why GM missed this. Your car will feel significantly more rigid. There will be much less vibration when you hit bumps. You'll feel more in control.

Our Tunnel-Truss is made from 1/4" thick steel sheet and painted with black e-coat epoxy paint on an automated paint line. This is the same type of paint process used on the OEM pan and many other components on your vehicle. The result is outstanding corrosion resistance. The sides of the car frame's tunnel step down at the front and rear, so we include spacer washers to level the Tunnel-Truss, removing any bind.
Since the desired rigidity is in the 45degree webs,*we remove more than 1/3 of the metal (where it's not needed) to reduce weight. *Your factory belly pan is made of .050"thick steel and weighs 4.6lbs, the Tunnel-Truss is 5 times thicker (.250") and weighs only 11.4lbs. Since stiffness is related to part thickness to the 4th power, and Material Modulus of elasticity, the Tunnel-Truss is about 200 times stronger than the factory part and stronger than a solid aluminum plate of equal thickness.

See DEJON | Powerhouse to order:yesnod:

Attachments

·
Registered
138 Posts
Since I was one of the first to have one of these I can highly recommend the truss. I have 06 Solstice and have noticed a considerable change in the handing and feel. It took me about 30 minutes to install, this includes removal of the GM part.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Great looking product at a great price. I'd get it to go along with all my other Dejon products but have covered down on that mod. Keep the kappa innovation coming Dave!

For those who haven't had this mod done using one of the versions out now, it really makes a difference and is something that can be done within an hour while you have the ramps out to change the oil - just back up onto them.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Got mine yesterday...now a matter of lifting the car to install. Looks great and I could not twist it with my own strength. :glol:

Maybe next week sometime if it doesn't snow too much (yep, flurries forecasted this weekend).

Gotta love Wisconsin! Put the 'vertible away and crack out the AWD.

·
Registered
6,592 Posts
Geez, don't know if I'd want to go around wearing a truss.... ;)

Looks like a good product, similar to the DDM Backbone, but made of steel and priced $10 lower.

Well done.

Wish someone would get around to doing a torsional stiffness test on a chassis and then adding one of these, but in any case, this sort of brace certainly does seem to cure a minor handling idiosyncracy of these cars.

·
Super Moderator
6,274 Posts
wspohn : Geez, don't know if I'd want to go around wearing a truss....

Looks like a good product, similar to the DDM Backbone, but made of steel and priced $10 lower.

Well done.

Wish someone would get around to doing a torsional stiffness test on a chassis and then adding one of these, but in any case, this sort of brace certainly does seem to cure a minor handling idiosyncracy of these cars.
DDM did a rather informal test by jacking up one rear corner of the car and measuring the differential between the corner they jacked and the one they didn't, with and without their brace. It made a noticeable difference.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Installed today while at the dealer for an oil change. Best part...they did it for FREE.

No charge, zero cost, free installation, gratis installis...FREE!!!

Of course I was there under the car advising on the direction (spacer side up after gluing them on) and it took 10 minutes MAX...all while the catch funnel took in the drained oil. :lol:

Did some spirited driving on the long way home and noticed quite a nice handling difference on top of the Kappasphere Re-Bar. Totally worth the $98 dollars including shipping for those still on the fence. I pushed hard and could not break the back free nor felt any dive or "cush" into the corners.

I took the OEM POS home since I had to show the naysayers what GM spec'ed in its place. I don't have calipers small enough to guess what the thickness is...maybe 1/32 of an inch?

My wife has cookie sheets thicker than this pan. :rofl:

One nice thing...I plan to clean it and use it on the grill next summer. Mini pizza's, fish, cookies, etc...should work like a charm! :glol:

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
I have the backbone and love it! No more wheel hop and less fish-tailing when you step on it. Less rear flexing and more stable cornering. Great for making better fast turns without leaning all over the place. It will keep the chassis from flexing basically. Great if you like to auto-x. But good for the aggressive daily driver. I think either one of these products would be a good improvement over nothing at all.

·
Registered
6,592 Posts
:willy:which one do i get TUNNEL TRUSS or BACKBONE?
I hardly think it is tactful to ask that question in a vendor's announcement thread.

If you want a discussion about the relative merits of competing products, please start a new thread in the appropriate forum.

How would you like it if you posted your car for sale and people kept posting about others that were available in YOUR thread? ;)

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
I hardly think it is tactful to ask that question in a vendor's announcement thread.

If you want a discussion about the relative merits of competing products, please start a new thread in the appropriate forum.

How would you like it if you posted your car for sale and people kept posting about others that were available in YOUR thread? ;)
:kick:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts