Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in a state with a mild climate, even in the summer. 99% of evening "top down" driving, and most spring/fall "top down" driving will require with the heater to be on your feet at least. Does the heater/fan really blow a lot of volume, or is it just average? If only the Solstice had heated power seats it would be perfect!

·
Registered
414 Posts
AJB said:
I live in a state with a mild climate, even in the summer. 99% of evening "top down" driving, and most spring/fall "top down" driving will require with the heater to be on your feet at least. Does the heater/fan really blow a lot of volume, or is it just average? If only the Solstice had heated power seats it would be perfect!
Our Solstice seems to blow alot of volume and heats up real fast. Which is nice when you like us are waiting for the sun to finally arrive in July ;)

·
Registered
753 Posts
I get enough heat to keep driving top down comfortable (windows up at speed) down in the mid fifties. directing the air mostly to the panel air outlets makes for warm hands on the steering wheel. i direct a bit to the footwell also, but not too much... it gets too hot.

·
Registered
511 Posts
AJB said:
I received mine last week
Drove all weekend roof down Heater On
It works Great Had to turn it down.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
cdb said:
I get enough heat to keep driving top down comfortable (windows up at speed) down in the mid fifties. directing the air mostly to the panel air outlets makes for warm hands on the steering wheel. i direct a bit to the footwell also, but not too much... it gets too hot.
:agree: 50 degrees outside, fan on 2, about 2/3 warm, about 3/4 towards top vents, 1/4 towards bottom vents. Windows up will help with the excess wind too. We actually haven't had any trouble yet keeping warm, more like with being too hot, we keep having to turn it down.

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,472 Posts
cdb said:
Since picking mine up in early october, I've had a lot of experience driving top down while in the mid-50s. Heat at about 1/2, usually directed at the floor vents as I don't like heat from the dash, and never been cold yet. It's a good heater.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Heater good............top up or down.
Got a chance to try both on my first weekend with my new Sol.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Just another satisfied heater customer. Have used mine many times now with the top down. I like to split between vents for hands (left one works real good and right kinda so-so), and feet. Works well for me, but I'm in California, and we haven't had any really cold weather yet. (Really cold for California is 30 deg. F lol: ) I agree with the heated seats, they would be cool.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Here in FL I sometimes go out for a late night cruise and put the heat on.

It works well, sometimes after having it on full blast for a bit you might turn it down!

Just last night I headed out around 9-10pm and I didn't even put on a jacket, just ran the heat.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's great news about the heater, it's good to hear from first hand experiencers! Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts